ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CNC thread

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
How big is that i/d?! Is it a twin or single insert as well?
Single point and it's hopefully 1249.95/1250.00. The outer one is a bit bigger at 1300. The jobs a pain in the arse, every surface is has to be square and parallel to the bore centres to within 0.05mm. It'll be a miracle if the machine can get to double that. I don't even think the faro arm is that accurate!

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
WARNING WARNING WARNING

Not for the faint hearted

Respect machines

Have seen it before. They are not toys and Id not operate one that big and with that much torque. Even on my colchester I double check everything before turning it on, I stand back reaching the clutch lever sometimes and wait, turn off, check things, then turn on and wait again, "ok good to go.." I go through my head the sequence of what I need to do if something goes wrong before I start to feed sometimes because its an awkward cut. I honestly dont like them but I have no choice, I want enclosed cnc, program, close doors, stand back..

I had one accident on my first mill, nearly cut my finger off, if it wasnt for the way an end mill works where it wants to pull down out of the holder, it spat my finger out the top between the part and end mill rather than pulling it down and possibly pulling my whole hand in. I think it being an end mill for alu helped because it was so sharp the cuts were more clean.

I drove to a and e with tissue duct taped around my finger in my non pas quick rack extra caster clio with one hand, I was there for 8 hours, I got there around 1am.. 😄 The guy at the 'reception' said along the lines of "it looks like the tissue is holding the blood, go take a seat around the corner", I turned the corner and there were 50 people sitting there, I just stood there for a bit before sitting and accepted my fate 😄 Of course the a and e visit was just an x ray and a dressing, I had to go somewhere else 2 days later for surgery. I said I was kind of worried about metal shavings being in between my nail to the the guy doing the dressing, he said there wouldnt be any as the x ray showed none. Of course there was metal! Lots of thin alu shavings. The surgeon removed what was left of my nail and all the alu underneath and stitched it up, the nail grew back fast and my finger feels no different than it was before now. Very lucky and learnt all I need to know about safety operating machines, and that machine was a fraction of the weight/power of the one of that video.. When I went back to my unit you could still see some flesh and blood on the end mill 😄

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Fresh off the router

A mere 5 hour job
20231113_153925.JPG

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Impressive! Should of tapped you up earlier in the year in preparation of my 5 year anniversary :LOL:

Are these commission pieces of work or just messing around?
two crosses have sold, but they were just cos i can type thing. never really got round to 3d carvings, but now i love em.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
WARNING WARNING WARNING

Not for the faint hearted

Respect machines

For f**k f**king sake - why the f**k did I click on that and why the f**k does that site exist and why the f**k do you know about it. Absolutely f**king grim as f**k.

Poor c**t, what a way to go.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
f**k fanuc.
An email I received yesterday;

CNC Millers - Fancy 3 years in France? Oui?
I am working on some exclusive and interesting positions for one of our clients who have a presence all over the World.

The UK arm have won a contract and are working on a project for a Nuclear plant close to Marseille in France.

The positions are very urgent and require a team to prepare and start in end of feb/march

We need to find 6 CNC machinists with Fanuc experience, programming and CADCAM (Fusion360) and usage would also be a huge asset.
The job is to machine a weld prep profile around each section of the reactor, they have designed and built a range of 3 axis milling machines to achieve this task.
Full training on the setting of the machines will be given and you will be working within an experienced team of British and French colleagues.

Whats on offer:
- The project will last for up-to 3 years so will be a long term contract and you will be expected to live in the near by town in a rented apartment.

- The salary will be for 48 hour working week 74,750 euros

- Housing Allowance 2,012 euros
- Company vehicle provided

- They can provide a French employment contract so there is also a tax benefit (20%)

Send me a message with an updated CV for more details, if of interest:
mike@contek.co.uk

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
f**k fanuc.
An email I received yesterday;

CNC Millers - Fancy 3 years in France? Oui?
I am working on some exclusive and interesting positions for one of our clients who have a presence all over the World.

The UK arm have won a contract and are working on a project for a Nuclear plant close to Marseille in France.

The positions are very urgent and require a team to prepare and start in end of feb/march

We need to find 6 CNC machinists with Fanuc experience, programming and CADCAM (Fusion360) and usage would also be a huge asset.
The job is to machine a weld prep profile around each section of the reactor, they have designed and built a range of 3 axis milling machines to achieve this task.
Full training on the setting of the machines will be given and you will be working within an experienced team of British and French colleagues.

Whats on offer:
- The project will last for up-to 3 years so will be a long term contract and you will be expected to live in the near by town in a rented apartment.

- The salary will be for 48 hour working week 74,750 euros

- Housing Allowance 2,012 euros
- Company vehicle provided

- They can provide a French employment contract so there is also a tax benefit (20%)

Send me a message with an updated CV for more details, if of interest:
mike@contek.co.uk
When do you start?

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Anyone know of any machine shops around Stoke on Trent who’ll drill some new PCDs on hubs/discs?