ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cliosport.nu rear lights guide

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Dont suppoose anyone ever saved the whole page that had all the details and pictures on how to change mk2 ph1 lights to the ph2 lights. Just trying to get some info for a diy guide (that Big Yin suggested) on here and would obviously credit them. Basically its cos im too lazy to write one up myself and have already done it so cant take step by step photos!

Cheers
John

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Right well heres a basic guide thats adapted from the old site . Not as many pics as I'd like but will have to do just now!

Items needed= Mk2 ph2 rear lights complete with bulb holder and small screwdriver.

1) Remove the old tail lights and bulb holder by unscrewing them from inside the boot and unclipping them from the wiring plug.

2)With the wiring block lift the bit of plastic at the front (marked number 2)to access the wiring.

the_plate.jpg

3) Swap the indivdual wires according to this diagram
clusters.jpg

4) Clip the new lenses onto the new bulb holder and push the assembly onto the adapted wiring block.

5) Refit new lights and screw them back on, and test.

If anyone has step by step pics or anything to add please fell free to as its over 2 years since I did this mod so memory maybe isnt spot on!

Cheers
John

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
can I just say (not the first time i've said it), my wiring colours didnt match that sheet at all - car built in september 1999

Some imagination is required when using the guide.

Even if the colours are different, the sequence is the same - just use your noggin and it's not too difficult :)

Opel Astra Caravan 1.8
I still got the lot on my local HD.

Let me know who wants it, for the archive that is (I sold my Clio RS this summer and are not coming back to Renault)

Best!
/Joel "former @ ClioSport.nu"

Opel Astra Caravan 1.8
EvilJohn said:
could try roamer@cliosport.net or admin@cliosport.net

Is that why the sit is down now then? What you got instead?

Will e-mail it to Roamer, thanx John!

Im curr. looking for a Z3 96-98' Haven't found one yet though
BUT I also intr. in a 911 around -81, a real classic. Prob w8 til sping before I put hard cash in to a new object anyway. Ill let you mates know then

A Spider Sport would be nice, but too much $$ for me
/Joel