ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cliosport.net 2018 Calendar - SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS!

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
They were dispatched within Royal Mails timescale that ensured delivery in time for Christmas, so if you’ve not received it today, I would expect it to be delivered tomorrow :smile:
Right on time! Arrived this morning! Told I'm not allowed to look at it until Christmas morning.. bummer

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
So- the 2018 calendar has 1st July Donington TRAX on it,
AND
7th October Silverstone TRAX on it?

The October date is the TRAX date- was there a reason for inserting the July date?

BTW- Better photos than last year IMO. And 2017 was pretty damned good!
Congrats all those in it.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
So- the 2018 calendar has 1st July Donington TRAX on it,
AND
7th October Silverstone TRAX on it?

The October date is the TRAX date- was there a reason for inserting the July date?

BTW- Better photos than last year IMO. And 2017 was pretty damned good!
Congrats all those in it.
TRAX will return to Silverstone Circuit on Sunday 7th October, plus BRAND NEW for 2018 will be TRAX Donington on Sunday 1st July at Donington Park! More information and ticket booking coming soon!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Any calendars left? Every year every my mum buys me one so thought I'd just use that but this year she hasn't and I'd like one for the garage.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
Any ideas on when we can submit photos for 2019 calendar if its happening?
We are not sure we are going to produce a calendar this year unfortunately, not enough people buy them each year to justify the cost of production and on a personal level the time it takes to compile and produce it.

We sold less than 30 copies last year, and as much as we'd like to keep doing them, I'll admit I'm finding it hard to find the enthusiasm to spend a few days of work collecting and sorting images, designing the artwork and getting it printed for such small numbers. Also (as you can see from this thread) every year people moan they only want to buy it if they are told if their car is in it, which obviously if we did that it would mean we would sell precisely 12 copies, but people don't seem to get that lol. We could quickly and cheaply throw something together, but we only want to do it if its a premium finish and a nice thing to have on your wall, but the interest has got to be there to be worth doing.

I guess we could take pre-orders and decide based on the response to that if we will go into production.

Shout here if you would like to see a club calendar again for next year, and if you would definitely buy one!

Chris_Beer

ClioSport Club Member
We are not sure we are going to produce a calendar this year unfortunately, not enough people buy them each year to justify the cost of production and on a personal level the time it takes to compile and produce it.

We sold less than 30 copies last year, and as much as we'd like to keep doing them, I'll admit I'm finding it hard to find the enthusiasm to spend a few days of work collecting and sorting images, designing the artwork and getting it printed for such small numbers. Also (as you can see from this thread) every year people moan they only want to buy it if they are told if their car is in it, which obviously if we did that it would mean we would sell precisely 12 copies, but people don't seem to get that lol.

I guess we could take pre-orders and decide based on the response to that if we will go into production.

Shout here if you would like to see a club calendar again for next year, and if you would definitely buy one!
Everyone understandably wants a page.. but once the month is up, it's all over anyway, so they should buy a personalised calendar with favourite shots of their own car for the whole year in that case.

But in the interest of variety, having the best out of a selection is great.

Personally think it would be a shame to scrap the calendar but I completely understand your reasons. This club is busy enough as it is and a lot comes with it (the forum, club discount bits and pieces, shows, merchandise, traders and so on) running it all and the membership packs alone... hats off to you all... good job !

Last edited:

Dr Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Sometimes i find that people post pics of there cars, but aren't calendar worthy. What i mean by that is there is no thought to the picture. Its just a pic of a car in a tesco car park with the shoppers lugging trollies around in the background, which isn't going to make the cut.

Im not saying we all got to be arty farty or be the worlds best photographer, but if its going onto the calendar which ultimately goes on the wall, then the entry efforts need to be better. Obviously you can only chose from the pictures that are entered which could limit you to the layout of the calendar if a large sum of shots are like the above.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
Exactly Mark! I've had people moan that too many of the same persons picture have been included or more than one of the same car but in reality out of a few hundred pictures that get submitted each year, probably only 20 - 30 are usable. Most of them are from the same few people who know what makes a good calendar picture like yourself. Obviously I can't fill the calendar with pics of the same few cars, so there are usually a few compromises made to give enough variety. You guys never let me down thankfully 😎

But I'll stick a thread up for picture submissions and lets see how we go. If we get enough great pics in early on then I'll probably open pre-orders and make a final decision at the end of November.

I've got to do something to fill this gap on the wall next year.....

IMG_1801.jpeg

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
I will buy one. Have done last 2 years, and don't mind if my Clio isn't in it

I think theyre fab calendars, well worth the money

If one isn't produced will just have to keep this years, and paste next years calendar dates on. LOL

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly Mark! I've had people moan that too many of the same persons picture have been included or more than one of the same car but in reality out of a few hundred pictures that get submitted each year, probably only 20 - 30 are usable. Most of them are from the same few people who know what makes a good calendar picture like yourself. Obviously I can't fill the calendar with pics of the same few cars, so there are usually a few compromises made to give enough variety. You guys never let me down thankfully 😎

But I'll stick a thread up for picture submissions and lets see how we go. If we get enough great pics in early on then I'll probably open pre-orders and make a final decision at the end of November.

I've got to do something to fill this gap on the wall next year.....

View attachment 1391159
Bloody hell, I never bought a calender (totally forgot :() but that's my inferno. Again, totally forgot I'd submitted a photo, or was it one of @Dr Jekyll' s submissions?

Think it'd be a shame to stop doing this but I can't believe how little was sold. I'll definitely get one this year, as you say, maybe get a list of willing buyers and make a decision from there.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
pre order is a cracking plan, chuck a couple of quid deposit down and even if sales fall trhough should make some cash from that no worries

myself I will buy it again this year, although my one last year I didn't actually use as I was in it, so it went into storage to be kept mint! but I'm sad like that, should of bought two really! lol!