ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF19 ClioSport Festival 2019 - Book Tickets Now!

ClioSport Festival 2019 - Book Tickets Now!
Posted by Nik
Blyton Park Driving Center, Old Blyton Airfield, Kirton Road, Blyton, Gainsborough. DN21 3PE
Friday, July 5, 2019 - 05:30 PM
Until: Sunday, July 7, 2019 - 02:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Also not driven the eastern circuit so not against that, as long as someone who has driven it doesn’t come out and say it’s rubbish!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'd prefer keeping it as it is. I think that back straight is the main overtaking point before the bends and shirt straights where overtaking gets tasty.

Which could end up with cars being bunched up.

I'd personally stick with the well known layout to most with the long back straight.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
What about changing it for both sessions.

By that I mean run both layouts for the morning and then both layouts for the afternoon.

Or is that too much work?

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Eastern layout has very little overtake oppertunities, it's also normally covered in shite as part of it's layout is used as their rally track (Chapmans - K7 - trubshaws)
Just be stuck behind slower cars for half a lap, every lap as there's no space between chapmans and the wriggler for any overtakes at all on the eastern circuit.
The straight from port vite to ushers 2 becomes a slow lane for people coming in to the pits.

Dont believe me..
skip to about 8 mins in. It'll be like that all day with the amount of cars we have on track.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I’m all for changing circuits and that , but at blyton I can’t see that going down well. The people that enjoy taking it easy on track are just going to cause a traffic jam for the more experienced folks.

The normal track layout might be a tad boring for some as after a few times you learn the Circuit enough to be competent with it , YET that layout is better for the newbies aswell, plenty of longer straights and corners

I can’t see it going down very well, IMO better to not change the layout now as people have booked track time for the normal circuit. Should of really been mentioned of the possibility when booking tickets.

That’s my two pence worth, not here to cause arguments.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I think we need a poll just to confirm we should stick to normal layout

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Nothing has been set in stone or changed yet, so seeing as there is reluctance by a few people we will stick with the usual layout.

We'd never had the option before, but it's something that the new track day organisers we are using this year do on their own days, so I wanted to gauge opinion before the day. We don't want people getting bored of the same track every year.

We might look at opinions again before launching next years event.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
@Nik I noticed the afternoon track time is sold out, but the full day is still available, so would you be able to go on in the afternoon if you purchased a full day?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
@Nik I noticed the afternoon track time is sold out, but the full day is still available, so would you be able to go on in the afternoon if you purchased a full day?

Yeah it let’s you on for both the morning and afternoon sessions mate.

If you mean can you just go on in the afternoon then yes to that too. You’ll just need to sit in on the afternoon briefing with the other afternoon only people.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it let’s you on for both the morning and afternoon sessions mate.

If you mean can you just go on in the afternoon then yes to that too. You’ll just need to sit in on the afternoon briefing with the other afternoon only people.

If you go on track morning and afternoon do you need to attend both briefings still?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Yeah we technically have one afternoon slot available, but due to the way we decided to split up our tickets, it is reserved for whoever buys the last remaining Full Day slot.

And only one briefing needs to be attended, but you will probably need to visit the sign on office before the start of the afternoon session to get a new (different coloured) wristband. I'll be able to clarify this nearer the event, but this is how I expect it to work.

Kirsty

Trader Coordinator
  Clio 182 Trophy
There is now only a few morning track slots left .. so if you are planning on attending and going on track you need to book asap to avoid disappointment.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Hang about... subject to approval from 'the boss'... I might actually be able to make it this year! Ironically it won't be in the Trophy but it would still be awesome to get along, even if just for the Saturday. Or stay in a hotel. I'm old and a wuss so no camping. And I won't be out on track. LOL! :)

Is parking on hard standing / concrete, tarmac? :)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Hang about... subject to approval from 'the boss'... I might actually be able to make it this year! Ironically it won't be in the Trophy but it would still be awesome to get along, even if just for the Saturday. Or stay in a hotel. I'm old and a wuss so no camping. And I won't be out on track. LOL! :)

Is parking on hard standing / concrete, tarmac? :)

Awesome! Absolutely awesome!

There is parking available on hard standing.

We’re all staying st the new travel lodge in Gainsborough.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
@Nik / @Sunglasses_Ron - due to other commitments I can only make Saturday daytime (all day). Can I buy a weekend ticket still so that I can enjoy a bit of the evening meal and entertainment before I have to leave later on Saturday night? :)

Yeah that's fine Andy. We have a few people who buy the weekend ticket to stay for the evening food etc, but sneak out early :p

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
@Nik @Kirsty

Whats the cut off for buying full weekend tickets ?
I will be staying the whole weekend but not in anything renault this year :oops:

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
@Nik @Kirsty

Whats the cut off for buying full weekend tickets ?
I will be staying the whole weekend but not in anything renault this year :oops:

I haven't set a cut off date for advanced tickets yet, it will depend on how busy things are in the run up. I would advise people to get tickets bought by the end of June if they want to guarantee the advanced prices. Limited numbers of on the day tickets will be available but as always are slightly more expensive.