ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sport check engine/revs its-self/sounds like motorbike

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
On way home today was driving down the road changed down and rather than revving I heard what sounded one blowing I assumed it was my exhaust or something. But then I noticed check engine light and that the car was Reving it self, then I heard the noise it was making. Sounds a little bit like when you get the htleads wrong way round but worse, and doesn't stall.

Ill have a proper look. But does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
So ermmm.... This is one of the htleads

Attachments

• IMG_20190410_190329.jpg
    IMG_20190410_190329.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 244

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Thats probably not just bent, that looks like pretty bad news.

I took plug out replaced it and it was running fine on way home its gone again :/ might be very bad news

I’d be heading back to twotechs...!

Had it done last year had no problems with it she ran great.

Pistons made contact with the end of the spark plug, or smashed a valve top into it, it looks like

Yea you might be right. It's happened again today. Might be time to look at a new car :/.

Seen loads of engine failures recently! More than usual. Mostly due to dropping a valve. Eventually we’ll run out of used engines ? might start stockpiling now

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
@aydon
Seen loads of engine failures recently! More than usual. Mostly due to dropping a valve. Eventually we’ll run out of used engines ? might start stockpiling now

Lol I think something hit this one good today
Just can't work out why it was working fine all day and then decided to go on way home??

Attachments

• IMG_20190411_203019.jpg
    IMG_20190411_203019.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_20190411_203014.jpg
    IMG_20190411_203014.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 237

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
I’d say it’s spat a plug originally and potentially damaged the threads and when you’ve put a new one in its worked loose and done the same.

Ye I'd agree it wasn't a proper ngk spark tho dad a spare I had.

shat a plug out, threads will be buggered but it's a pretty easy fix. did one a few days ago.

Threads are balls. But I wound a new spark in and it held nicely. But it sounds like there's stuff in cylinder 2. Doesn't sound healthy.

I don't know if it's becuase the new spark isn't great/the ht lead I used isn't the exact same as the one that came out.

Might get a new plug. Proper one and see what happens.

Got dragged home tho
IMG_20190411_222543.jpg

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Last edited:
  182 Turbo
you should be able to take the plug out and shine a torch down into the cylinder to see if theres any valve remains in there, or any marks on the piston where it may have made contact with the plug, if your eyes arent that good you can get smartphone borescopes on ebay for like £10 that will do the trick

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
you should be able to take the plug out and shine a torch down into the cylinder to see if theres any valve remains in there, or any marks on the piston where it may have made contact with the plug, if your eyes arent that good you can get smartphone borescopes on ebay for like £10 that will do the trick

Ooo might invest

Ah, small ally bits?

Err I'm not sure looked like bits of the ht lead tbh. The top of the spark plug was inbeded in the lead. Black as my hands after 20 mins under that engine.

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
you wouldn't bloody buy one if you saw the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you're stuck i can sort it for you.

I see xD. I've got 4 new plugs on the way. Change all 4 while I'm at it. I'm in maidstone and I don't really want to drive the car to far or at all if I can avoid it.

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
ah, was getting you mixed up with someone else, thought you weren't far from me sorry.

No problem. I've got a mechanic friend who said he might help. But it might be time to look at getting a new car :(

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Soooo little update.
Brought a 250.
182 sounds like ass, I've fixed the tread changed all 4 sparks and it's sounds aweful. Think there might defo be something in there, but it just doesn't sound like it wants to start and when it does if you rev it sounds like either a rattle can or a crunching every so often. :(. Sooo anyone wana buy a 182 "project"...
??