ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio running offbeat

Renault Clio Dynam+
My 2003 Clio 1.4 16v is running lumpy at idle and offbeat throughout the rev range when warm.

When cold, she runs fine. Presumably the ECU is running a closed loop circuit when cold and rich.

A short video below shows how she runs when warm:

There is no smell of fuel or smoke from the exhaust, which to me suggests the spark is fine, but a cylinder isn't getting enough fuel on open loop when warm. The wiring to the injectors appears to be intact.

I'm open to suggestions but I'm wondering:
  • Which sensors dictate fuelling when warm?
  • Is there a way to 'trick' the car into thinking it's cold, and run on a closed loop? I know on some cars you can unplug the temperature sensor for the ECU to default to cold running. This could help work out if it's a sensor associated with warm running.
I tested the coils by unplugging each individually to see if it made a difference to the running - in each case it significantly dropped the idle. The idle dropped most significantly unpluggling cylinders 1 and 4.

Previously, two coils were replaced a month ago as the Clio lost spark on cylinders 2 and/or 3 and was heavily overfuelling as a result. All four spark plugs were replaced at the time. It was running perfectly until the weekend.

Thanks in advance.