ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio IV X98 Drivers Side Reverse Light Only Not Bulb

Clio IV X98
Hi

Does anyone know why my 2014 Clio IV drivers side reverse light would not work, it is not tbe bulb or fuse.

Appears to be 0 volts flowing but the passenger side reverse light is fine 12v.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I could be wrong but I think there is only one reverse light on the car.

The other thing to check is the reverse sensor on the gearbox. There will be an electrical sensor plugged in to the gearbox, on previous clios the connector has been green. It's worth putting a multimeter on that and then getting someone to put the car in to reverse. The sensor is cheap but you may lose gearbox oil when changing it.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Will check my clio 4 and report later about how many bulbs there are for reverse.

Clio IV X98
Hey both

Thanks ever so much for your replies.

Clios only have one reverse light it is on the passenger side doh.

In Australia nearly all cars have two reverse lights plus someone stopped wound their window down and said my passenger side reverse light was out, which actually got me motivated to post. However a call to Renault dealer confirmed one side only.

Thanks guys !