ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 220 Trophy R3T spec

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Appreciate the comments, both on here and for people coming up to me at the show this weekend. Was nice to put faces to forum names.

With all the upgrades done it really felt like the complete package. I could take it out for a decent length of time and not have to worry about something letting it down. The combination of ADO8R tyres, Brembo 4 pots and the H&R coilovers with it running 250bhp really was next level compared to the old 200.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
IMG_20180824_185447_748.jpg

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hi Ricardos.

I followed you for a few laps at Blyton and couldn't believe how well this went.

Reading up on your project thread has made me really start considering looking at these.

Was ace chasing you. I ran out of brakes trying to keep up.

Will be keeping an eye on your thread.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Thank you

I was pretty pleased with how it went, a massive improvement on the my old 200 in every way. The Brembo 4 pot conversion was the single most difference I noticed, even with stock R26 pads it enabled me to stay out longer and really push the Clio.

The EDC gearbox is quick and seamless, no missed gear changes or reaching for the gearstick which means both hands on the wheel to concentrate on the drive.

It really is a good car, a good chassis, a decent all rounder.

Albi Blue 200
Thanks very much!

Have emailed Braid directly as well and will ask the shop I use here in Dubai to check (they buy a ton of Braid for their overlanding builds)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Thanks very much!

Have emailed Braid directly as well and will ask the shop I use here in Dubai to check (they buy a ton of Braid for their overlanding builds)

I bought mine from R Sport here in the UK, they are the sole suppliers of all Renaultsport race parts for all competitions. Renault commissioned Braid to supply the wheels on their rally cars.

Albi Blue 200
I bought mine from R Sport here in the UK, they are the sole suppliers of all Renaultsport race parts for all competitions. Renault commissioned Braid to supply the wheels on their rally cars.

Many thanks, hopefully R Sport is another option for shipping over then.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
It's NOT my old car.

I sold the wheels to the chap when I part exchanged it for the Mégane 280, he then took it to Castle Combe and stacked it.

He had it repaired and was unrecorded, then sold it on.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Yeah I know the reg is completely different
Just thought I'd clear my name 😁 it was kept on the lowdown for ages, my friend a salesman for Renault at the time bought it new then sold it to him. He has loads of bodyshop photos as it was being repaired, the guy put his hand in his own pocket to have it done.