ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Cup. Buy or Avoid?

Clio 200
Hi I'm new to this forum but have been looking for at Clio 200's for a while now and someone is selling one local to me. It is a 200 cup in blue. I have driven it and it drove nicely, i did have an issue going into 4th on one gear change but that may have been me not pressing the clutch fully down, I'm not sure. The issue is there is service history but only from 30865 miles at october 2016. The car is a 62 plate. The service history that the seller has is:
30865 at 28/10/16
43604 at 11/10/17
56332 at 31/08/18

None of these include a cambelt change.
I really liked the car but not sure what to do. Thought I'd ask the experts for some advice, what should I do?

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
As above, decide on the spec you want first and find a car from there.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Avoid. Will cost a lot to have the gearbox fixed. It's likely the synchro is on its way out .

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Also make sure you perform the gear changes at high rpm when you are testing cars.