ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 suspension refresh - where to get bits?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
So, picked up my 197 and, while it's "ok", I am going to work through the usual suspension joints and bushes in the coming months, just because I am fussy and want it perfect.

On my 172, I used mostly Lemforder for track rod ends etc, with genuine Renault lower arms and the odd Powerflex bush.

Where are the best places to get bits for the 197? Would appreciate some advice on where it's best to use standard bits and any good aftermarket options.

Mostly just for bushes and swivel joints etc for now, though it does feel like the engine torque mounts would benefit from a freshen up. Springs and dampers will come later, but not too worried about that yet.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
There is a number of places you can get bits for the 197.

If you join Clio197/200 forum you will find alot of "How To" guides and alot of info on where to buy parts.

If you are looking for ball joins there is a few places you can get them.
Ebay
R-Sports (Parts supplier for Clio cup)
Rofag (Polish Renault Dealer Ebay)

I have changed every suspension part along with all nuts and bolts and part numbers are over here - https://clio197.net/threads/marcbs-ly-clio-197-f1-r27.58100/page-6

dan's cast offs.
euro do the bottom swivel joint. if you do the joint on it's own be careful, i've had a couple of hubs that have cracked even though the joint was going in fine.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Thanks. Might join up over there. Will take a read through your thread.

ECP used to sell a lot of Lemforder stuff but seem to stock Moog now instead. Not sure if it's any good.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Track rod inners - genuine/RPD
Track rod end - euro specials
Track rod end bushes - eBay
Ball/swivel joints - eBay

A mate of mine can get hold of Powerflex bushes at much cheaper than they are online. If you drop me a message of what you need I can sort you a price

As for suspension when you get to it. I'd definitely recommend cup shocks with some sort of lowering spring. I've H&R on mine and love the way it handles - though people often moan they're a bit crashy

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Cheers.

I think I'll start with the lower torque mount perhaps, then track rods and ends. I noticed it had had an advisory in the last couple of years for them, but I suspect they weren't done, so seems a good place to start.

megane 285 sport
Theres a lad on clio197/200.net and the rs megane forum that does the uprated balljoints etc, think he also supplies the drop links etc.