ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Gearbox help please !

Nick101

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197 !
Hiya

I have recently purchased a 197 being aware of the gearbox common faults , I have a slight and occasional crunch going into 3 rd .

Im looking into getting a replacement box found some on eBay , please can someone confirm if this is more than one version of the 6 speed TL4 box ?

Or recommend me a specilaist near worthing that can help .

any help is much appreciated :)

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Clutch and gearbox rebuild all in for £795 at BeanieSport in MK if your willing to travel 2.5 hours.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've just enquired into a 200. Sounds like the gearbox will be due.

As above it isn't a cheap date

Nick101

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197 !
Thanks Rojer , once she is super crunchy I will likely get this done , its only very slight an has only done it twice at the mo so fingers crossed shes good for many more miles ! but thanks for your advice :)

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
once she is super crunchy I will likely get this done
Don't leave it that long, you will risk a more serious failure.

I 'extended' the life of mine a bit by missing 3rd all together on most driving, you can go 1-2-4 without much of a problem on normal driving with the ratio's being so close. Got me the few months I needed till I ripped it all out and put an engine & box in that wasn't engineered by playmobil :)

Nick101

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197 !
Don't leave it that long, you will risk a more serious failure.

I 'extended' the life of mine a bit by missing 3rd all together on most driving, you can go 1-2-4 without much of a problem on normal driving with the ratio's being so close. Got me the few months I needed till I ripped it all out and put an engine & box in that wasn't engineered by playmobil :)
see my other thread I had the clutch and brake fluid replaced yesterday , now my front drivers side caliper looks like its leaking and the garage that did the work said if its not from the bleed nipple its not their fault ????

clio 200
Hi
I will soon be needing a new gearbox for my 200, anyone recommend anyone near me? I live in Luton. Beds.
I think Beaniesport may my nearest, but due to current climate i think there shut. Or does anyone know of a supoplier of upgraded boxes where i can get my local garage to fit. Cheers David

clio 200
Hi
I will soon be needing a new gearbox for my 200, anyone recommend anyone near me? I live in Luton. Beds.
I think Beaniesport may my nearest, but due to current climate i think there shut. Or does anyone know of a supoplier of upgraded boxes where i can get my local garage to fit. Cheers David

Clio 197
Hi
2 different sellers offering refurbed boxes on eBay, would be worth asking if they’re still dispatching orders at this moment in time.