ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 whine (like supercharger)

Mazda mx5 mk1
Hi all.

I have had a range of clio's in the past and just went to look at a 2002 182 with 112k miles on it. When starting the idle was quite lumpy (as I expected) but there was a constant whine which disappeared when revving. The seller told me that he had recently serviced the car changing the cam belt, water pump, aux belt, etc but he didn't change the aux tensioner.
Could this whine (almost like a suoercharger) be linked to the auxiliary belt? When steering the pitch didn't change so I'm assuming it's not the PAS pump and also it wasn't screaming so know it was not the fan belt.

Any ideas? Sorry I don't have any audio. Should I just walk away?

Dave

Mazda mx5 mk1
My bad it's an 04. I can't say which tools he used. Seemed competent, when viewing he wasn't shy and even got his trolley jack out to lift the car up to show the new springs he installed