ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

incy-spiders Clio 182 turbo

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I'd it actually being done or just dropping it off? What time as I might fly over and check it out.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
a6a2age4.jpg

On it!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Just got home!! Bit of an up and down day... Arrived at EFI at 11 this morn, got straight to work with off boost mapping all went really well, got to mapping with boost and we were getting some nice numbers climbing closer and closer towards 200bhp, Chris said more boost was needed so set about winding the actuator in, gave it a few more runs and it became clear there was a issue! :( we were getting great boost up to 4250rpm then started to drop quite badly,
etegy7ar.jpg

We then thought adding a boost control solenoid would keep the boost more steady but after a lot of head scratching turns out my Gen90 didn't have the latest firmware to control the solenoid!!!

Ah well back to the shoddy actuator then, we decided to run a tad more boost but map it back to a safe level at the peak of boost keep it like that for now, it made 229.4bhp and an impressive 227.7 ftlb of torque. Chris said with a decent actuator it would of easily made more so I'm going to get a forge one to smooth out the boost soon.

TBH I'm more than happy with it as it is, I flys that mid range torque is amazing, both me and my mate were laughing all the way home!! :)

Mega thanks to Chris for not giving up on it and an awesome job!

unupu3yt.jpg

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah thinking the same, was more concerned about the boost spike to be honest, would of liked a more linear curve but I'm more than happy with that power!

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Great result! I think boost is on the cards for my cup next year, finish the barn conversion this year and save my pennies!!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Could you put a list of things together required to do a turbo conversion? Considering keeping my 182 and putting forced induction on it.

Engine dynamics supplied my kit mate go to there website. Other guys on here do turbo kits too. Parts that don't come in the conversion I did are things such as my ECU, fuel rail, clutch, wideband, r26 map sensor, oil cooler, also worth considering refreshing things like timing belt kit, aux belt kit, if you are removing head to fit low comp gasket like I did, cam seals etc.

Roughly here's what I spent for the basic parts that will get you boosted.

Engine dynamics 230 kit without management £2200

GEN90 ecu £800 2nd hand

Megane R26 map sensor £80

PH 1 fuel rail and regulator £40 (not essential but a really good idea)

Helix paddle clutch £190 (not essential but you don't want the chance of clutch slipping on mapping)

Mapping £300 +

Hope that helps

DV8

Clio 182, Civic EK9
Hey guys, a mate of mine had a play with his camera gear while we were watching my car on the dyno and came up with this awesomeness!!! Cheers Timmy

Enjoy, love the 3d graph!!

Thanks Incy! Glad it did the beast justice.

Thats pretty cool! How did he do the graph out of interest?

Re-drew the graph in vector and then projected some 3D lines along them using Cinema 4D. :)

Last edited by a moderator: