ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

incy-spiders Clio 182 turbo

172 cup, Impreza P1
It's hard to tell from the pics but is your CHRA on your turbo rotated over 15deg off the vertical?

I had this on mine and had to change the oil drain run to the sump to make sure it was vertical.

Also the heat from the down pipe will melt your oil return as it must only be 10mm or less away from it.

Good work though!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's vertical and the pipe sits further away now as it's only loosely put on in that pic! Thinking I may put some kind of heat resistant wrap on it too.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Yeah it's vertical and the pipe sits further away now as it's only loosely put on in that pic! Thinking I may put some kind of heat resistant wrap on it too.

Really doesn't look it but as your actuator rod looks to be where the vertical point is for the oil feed. You will have problems with it if it is but if you think it's ok then ok.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Certainly no more than 15 degrees, thought the same TBH but I'm a bit restricted as you say!

Same as me but I had to do some head scratching to overcome it to keep it level. This is my drain and actuator rod:

aa-76.jpg

EastRenfrewshire-20130914-00619.jpg

172 cup, Impreza P1
No, the 90deg on the drain wasn't ideal but after speaking to turbo dynamics about it they felt with the ID of the AN10 fitting it would be fine and would be better than the CHRA sitting at an angle.

I've seen many examples of turbos sitting slight off the plumb and causing all sort of smoking issues out the exhaust.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Anyway spoke to engine dynamics as you put doubt in my mind. He has been using this setup and drain angle for the past 10years with no problem, plus the fact it is a really free flowing 16mm pipe which doesn't have and bends in it. So I'm happy with that.. Beauty of buying a kit from a company that has experience and if anything dies I have backup :)

172 cup, Impreza P1
Anyway spoke to engine dynamics as you put doubt in my mind. He has been using this setup and drain angle for the past 10years with no problem, plus the fact it is a really free flowing 16mm pipe which doesn't have and bends in it. So I'm happy with that.. Beauty of buying a kit from a company that has experience and if anything dies I have backup :)

Well, if anything you've asked the question and went into it with your eyes open. Should be fine then if they've done it that way for 10 years.

My return was going into the block just above the sump so had to sit at more of an angle than yours but I didn't want to take the chance.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

Brilliant advice. ..

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
avarunyz.jpg
pe3ehave.jpg
umuru3uz.jpg
zegegusy.jpg
dytuna8a.jpg

Went on a road test today (gentle, no crazy boost) seems to run fairly well while cruising AFR between 13 - 14.5 so it will get me to efi for mapping, bit juddery at times coming to roundabouts and cuts out but other than that I'm happy for now, the 16th of march can't come soon enough!! :)

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Just read this whole thread. You seem to be a knowledgeable bloke. Looking forward to seeing some final results though. Devon to efi, you driving it all the way or tailoring?

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys, yeah driving! Very steady driving... Have been doing a few short drives, low rpm off the boost and it's relatively sweet, AFR sits perfect never goes too lean so I'm happy! Can't wait!!

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
You can mount the oil cooler behind the front grill, you just need to cut away some off the plastic on the back off the grill.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome, was debating which side to put mine. May do the opposite side but will see tomorrow. Nice motor by the way just having a read through you 'built' thread! :)

No problem :) well the kit on here is sold now sadly. but I'm just getting some info from Andyrg and I think I'd be daft to use anyone else really. Looks like I may go high pressure!!! Ahhh

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
No problem :) well the kit on here is sold now sadly. but I'm just getting some info from Andyrg and I think I'd be daft to use anyone else really. Looks like I may go high pressure!!! Ahhh

That kit was a good price but personally I'd just go to Andy anyway as you know it's all done right and mapped etc for not much more.