ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

incy-spiders Clio 182 turbo

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
was this the onde that required maching to the casing or has that problem been fixed?
very interested in this diff.

Hi mate, didn't see this... It was a case of very lightly shaving the smallest amount of the rough casting of the inside of the case with a die grinder, probably an area the size of a 1p

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Let me know what you think to the AD08's mate. Considering a set as my road tyres tbh.

Have had 2 sets already, had the original and the R version, I find them to be a very reliable and mega grippy when warm... I know they aren't a 'track' tyre but very at home on the ring and to be fair I don't think you can beat them as an all rounder!

Just paid £340 for 4 delivered in 205/45/16 W so happy with that price! Give them a go... Let me know how you rate them

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I've used them on track before and tbh i found them quite grippy for what they are, not a patch on an R888R though

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Not supposed to be are they....more of a UHP than a Trackday tyre

No they aren't, they are just a performance road based tyre. Stood up well to a dry trackday, used them in the wet on track once an they are ok but not overly confidence inspiring

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
In that case I need to try some track day tyres... I have always thought AD08 were pretty amazing grip wise but may think differently after say some A048

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
In that case I need to try some track day tyres... I have always thought AD08 were pretty amazing grip wise but may think differently after say some A048
A048 are a good tire in the dry,but in the wet they can soon catch you out believe me:fearscream:The AD08R is the better all round tire on dry and wet out of the two,and that's coming from hard track/road use.SJ.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
A048 are a good tire in the dry,but in the wet they can soon catch you out believe me:fearscream:The AD08R is the better all round tire on dry and wet out of the two,and that's coming from hard track/road use.SJ.

I'd rather not waste my time driving wet laps of the ring, scared the s**t out if me in the past, pointless!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
So found out with help from @NorthloopCup that a shorter ph1 172 shaft is required to work with my diff, 182 n/s shaft is too long and Judders when cornering hard and going quick into roundabouts.... Just thought I'd post incase anyone is considering one.. Apparently gripper diffs had the same problem [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Fitted the shaft today and it's spot on!!

Last edited:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
So found out with help from @NorthloopCup that a shorter ph1 172 shaft is required to work with my diff, 182 n/s shaft is too long and Judders when cornering hard and going quick into roundabouts.... Just thought I'd post incase anyone is considering one.. Apparently gripper diffs had the same problem
emoji106.png
emoji106.png
emoji106.png

Fitted the shaft today and it's spot on!!
Yeah gripper is the same, only notice it on right handers.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
a99ff69b5d1835024ddfb5e45463c64b.jpg

Brakes and roll center kit on... Need to fit tyres and get the pissed geometry set up!!

Little bit annoyed that the pads don't contact the full disc surface, about half inch of unused disc on the inner part, anyone know of a bigger pad or is this not an option??

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking of putting this up for sale, just about to turn 60k miles..... really want a Clio 200 and have seen the one I want. Just don't know if I can do it, also putting a price on this is a challenge!! Thoughts??

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
a99ff69b5d1835024ddfb5e45463c64b.jpg

Brakes and roll center kit on... Need to fit tyres and get the pissed geometry set up!!

Little bit annoyed that the pads don't contact the full disc surface, about half inch of unused disc on the inner part, anyone know of a bigger pad or is this not an option??
Useless on 300mm discs as like you say there no more disc contact.

Selling a boosted one is never easy as they just dont fetch the money

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Starting to think about getting the Clio ready for the ring in August....

Booked into Phoenix performance exhausts in Cullompton for a custom exhaust soon, popping up to see Chris@efi for a possible tweak on the map to suit if needed on the 29th of April too. Need new track rubber, new 300mm discs, front track pads, rear discs and track pads.

Also going to treat the old girl to some detailing soon!

Exciting [emoji39]