ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

incy-spiders Clio 182 turbo

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
Update, been a while!! I like to post changes on here just as much for anyone interested and for myself really, like service history this thread!

Last weekend I had a map check by Andy, as I was getting some 22psi boost spikes, should be 16-17ish.. anyway was worth the trip and my concerns were justified, I’ve not been driving hard for this reason or any track work!

turns out my 8psi spring in the actuator had weakened off resulting in some boost control issues, I need to run a 12psi really but we have re worked the boost control accordingly and it’s a solid 16-17psi again.. fuelling perfectly all along so no drama. Feels awesome again, very strong and not hitting boost limit within the ECU which basically closes the throttle when reached for safety! Slightly back the power off until I get a new spring.. sits at 340hp currently and 360lbft!

The 200 bottom end with Meg 265 pistons and rods with Clio 182 head is a great setup, no more over complicated Aux belt setup, easier timing belt replacement in the future, the 6 speed NDO is awesome.. really notice better fuel economy cruising in 6th at 2.5-3k rather than 4.5k.. love it!! Hoping to get some track time in before the year is out. One of the vids shows loading and lots of fuelling setting up boost.. carbon burning off inside the exhaust 😬😬

looks like a good setup, how easy was it getting the 6 spd box in?

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Nur/spa in June, been too long

Attachments

• 88003A81-A6B5-4B05-BD72-D49B653251AB.jpeg
    88003A81-A6B5-4B05-BD72-D49B653251AB.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
  • 10F3A179-FF30-4AD3-A375-E9DE451A794D.jpeg
    10F3A179-FF30-4AD3-A375-E9DE451A794D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 76

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Will see how this pans out soon, should look spot on with a 197 rear diffuser.. I’m not generally into mods but this should be subtle and with the slash cut tips hidden away should look good!

Attachments

• IMG_2359.jpeg
    IMG_2359.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2350.jpeg
    IMG_2350.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2349.jpeg
    IMG_2349.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2351.jpeg
    IMG_2351.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2357.jpeg
    IMG_2357.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
*for sale* 12k…

Not your average Clio turbo. I have owned this car for a very long time and will be sad to see it go but I fancy a new project.

If it sells it sells, if not I’ll keep it but have been thinking about it for a while.

I’ve seen some utterly horrendous builds lately and they are selling with engine lights on, exhaust manifolds falling off, shocking workmanship etc.. so if you want a perfect one with everything done to a high standard. Look no further!

Mileage is 88k I’m the second owner since 16k miles

Engine bay:

9.1:1 compression ratio

Clio 200 block

Megane 265 pistons with valve pockets

Megane 265 rods with bearing notches

ACL race bearings

ARP rod bolts

New standard mains

Clio 182 head with supertech inconel valves, shimmed valve springs for correct spring weight, tensioner relocated to 197 position to run 197 timing belt kit.

Vibratechnics mounts,

GTX2860R gen 2 turbo, ceramic ball bearing, billet 11blade impeller, inconel turbine wheel.

Stainless steel custom tubular ‘log’ manifold with v band flange (no loose t25 fasters)

Pure motorsport exhaust with custom down pipe (by the same people who make Pure’s exhausts)

Decat and sports cat supplied

Deka 630cc injectors

PH1 fuel rail with reg

Radium fuel pulse damper

Swirl pot setup with external pump

Gen90 ECU

Billet SMF flywheel and R26R sachs performance clutch

AEM water meth kit (for extra cooling)

Mocal oil cooler with thermostatic plate

Mishimoto race intercooler, very thick!

Custom boost hoses

Huge AEM water meth tank in boot

Custom Pro alloy radiator 50mm thick

NDO Megane 225 6speed box fully rebuilt with all new bearings and a new Quaife LSD

custom pure motorsport drive shafts

Runs 197 pulley setup with 182 air conditioning still functional

AP RACING clutch master cylinder

Lots and lots of Mapping done by both EFI parts and Andy @Phoenix automotive technologies who is the GEN90 man to get as OEM as possible driving

Suspension and brakes:

Full EPAS steering with switchable modes… auto mode which uses vehicle speed and Rpm from ecu for assistance, and manual mode on a variable knob to suit track conditions or personal taste.

Full Bilstien coil over suspension,

front custom spring rates with dampers dyno’d to suit by Bilstien,

northloop roll center kit,

camber bolts,

pure motorsport top mounts and strut brace,

Bilstien Progressive rear coil overs,

rear anti roll bar,

braided lines all through,

300mm bell and rotors,

197 brembos

DS1.11 front pads and 2500 rear

Modified wheel bearing circlips in hubs

3 sets of 182 wheels,

1 set with newish R888R tyres,

1 set of new uniroyal rainsports

4x very good spare R888R tyres

Interior and exterior:

Recaro trendlines in very nice condition with Jon foz subframes,

Snappy steering wheel,

Megane 6speed shifter,

Very good condition interior

Alpine dab radio

PLX devices multi gauge with boost and AFR

FOCAL speakers

Exterior paint and bodywork in great shape!!

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Happy new year:( I hope at least up to next year the car is still yours. If you will ever scrap it, let me know

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Bargain for 12k to be fair.

Just seen you have a radium fuel pulse damper. Did you have issues with fuel pulsation at high rpm? I bought one of these for my trophy for the pulsation issue it has but Chris@Efi didnt recon much to them so never fitted it.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I might stick this one on and take it out for a datalog to see if any difference. My 980cc injectors are super noisy too so would be nice if it cured that. Chris said i probably wouldnt have any issues if it had some rubber pipe in the setup as all ptfe lined.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
I might stick this one on and take it out for a datalog to see if any difference. My 980cc injectors are super noisy too so would be nice if it cured that. Chris said i probably wouldnt have any issues if it had some rubber pipe in the setup as all ptfe lined.
Yeah, mine is all the gates barricade PTFE lined hose, but would get a definite pulse sound before the damper.. I work in a Renault dealership and noticed a lot of new OEM stuff have dampers on these days!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Sad day today… said goodbye to me old mate 🫣

IMG_1706.jpeg

But it sounds like it’ll be in safe hands in Canada with @E11OOT

moving on with a Megane RS 265 I bought from my mate Tim, I’ve maintained it for him over the years and know how meticulous he is about it,

It is an absolute gem

111cdc40-57d7-4cb5-9c14-937fd618a3e2.jpeg

Brief spec.. 61k miles, 317hp tuned by efi, AST 5100 with top mounts with the strut top holes enlarged for adjustment access, fitted and geometry setup by Cooksport.

Pure Motorsport Rear Toe Shims
Ferodo DS1.11 Pads all round
Advan RSII Flow Formed Wheels

4X 18” 8.5J Advan RS2 Satin Black with AR1’s
4X 18” 8.5J Advan RS2 Shadow Chrome with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 5
4X 18” 8.25J Renault Tibor with Uniroyal Rainsport

Wagner intercooler
ITG Induction Kit
Flow Performance Splitter and Side Skirts
Maxton Spoiler Extension
KTEC Carbon Fibre Exhaust Surround

Plan is to fit a G25-550 with v-band adapters and fittings being designed by a friend and aiming for more track focused power delivery (power to the limiter)

14e765e1-96a3-450a-8959-5c80cb426837.jpeg

That’s all for now, still 🥲 about saying bye to the Clio 😂😂

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
She gets loaded up onto the boat this week.

Should be in Calgary by the end of the month all going well! Thanks for all the help on your end.