ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Subframe Lowering Rods

Clio 200
I am in the process of organising myself to address the dreaded sump gasket oil leak on my Mk2 Clio Trophy

I have had the Threaded Rods for lowering the subframe on order from my local Renault dealer for the last 2 months but the delivery date keep slipping and slipping and is now on backorder.

Does anyone have a set of the above Rods (Renault part number 00 00 123 301) for me to either buy, rent, loan or whatever?

I would be prepared to collect if not too far or would pay postage if required.

Thanks!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Just raise the engine up on it's engine mount and put something solid under the mount to hold it up.

Should give you the clearance to do it.

Wear goggles or a mask too, don't want oil in your eyes.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Use threaded bar instead if you really need to drop the subframe. I would just do as @JamesBryan Said above, and chock the engine up.

Clio
Hi,

For those not in the know like me, what do these threaded rods do? Are they for alignment purposes?

Thanks,

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

For those not in the know like me, what do these threaded rods do? Are they for alignment purposes?

Thanks,

You remove the subframe bolts one at a time and replace with the threaded rod.

That allows you to control how far you drop the subframe, without having to fully remove it.

monaco 172
Or just lower the subframe on a jack?

Loosen passenger side bolts until theres not much thread left, then remove driver's side completely and just hold the subframe on a jack while you do the work.

No need for any special rods

dan's cast offs.
long bolts. get the drivers side mount up as high as it will go on a block of wood and then you only have to drop the subframe down a bit, can be done without dropping it but if you're doing it on the floor forget about it and drop the subframe a bit.

or if you want you can change it just by dropping the sump a bit and feed the new seal through, bit fiddly but can be done.