ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 starts fine when cold but struggles when warm?

Hi guys, my 182 track car is really struggling to start when warm. It doesn't get driven much only on and around track days. Always starts first turn when cold but as soon as it's warm it really struggles.

Recentley had all new Injectors and a coilpack, looking to swap out spark plugs for new genuine in the next few weeks. After doing a little research it seems it could be the Crank position sensor? Car runs totally fine pulls well ect just the starting while warm.

Any help would be appreciated guys looking to get these little jobs out the way over next few weeks and get her running good again her Donnington next month!

Thanks

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I thought the crank sensor would cause it to be hard to start rather than rough after.

My 172 had similar symptoms which ended up being a poor precat lambda plug connection, started fine ran ok until the ECU adjusted the fuel 02 mix I guess, then ran rough and would die after 2 mins or so. Try it it's an easy fix if it is.

renault clio 1.4 16v
mine did the same and it was a combination of a dirty TB, bad map sensor and bad coolant temp sensor, normally when the crank sensor goes it just swings and wont fire, BUT, id give all those sensors a clean, sometimes metal dust sticks to the tdc sensor and messes it around, map sensor is easy to clean out as well, temp sensor, very rarely goes wrong, if you have a obd reader it would be much easier to see if something is on the way out

Cheers for the replies guys gives me somethings to try this weekend! What would you reccomending for cleaning out the sensors? I was almost certain the problem was I had torn the little Rubber O ring where fuel connects to the rail when changing my Injectors but after replacing that the fault is still there. Just throwing me off how it starts first time when cold ? cheers Guys