ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 factory wax on inner sills?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Lots of issues with phase 1s rusting inside out behind rear door cards. Is this a problem for the 182s? Sure I have seen pics of inner arches and it was waxed from factory. Am I correct or wrong?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Mine wasn't, same as my 172 so I lathered it up when I treated the inner sills. Which had surface rust in them too, worse than the phase 1, so basically get your rear cards out and check imo

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Think just the speakers need to be unscrewed and then they pull off. I think that's all it was when I checked my phase1

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Rear seat belt anchor, front seat belt anchor, remove speaker, fold down seat back and pull from corner than pull up.

Mines not bad but there must be done shockers coming up and people don’t know. I certainly will not be buying any 182 without checking moving forward especially a trophy!

4F9F8940-E8F1-4DBC-B457-DA90E35B82D2.jpeg
3ABF14E8-FB8F-4788-A859-C7CB275C9E63.jpeg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Looks similar to my rb that although gone further up the inner panel on yours to where rub strip mounts

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Looks similar to my rb that although gone further up the inner panel on yours to where rub strip mounts

About halfway from bottom top side strip, I wire brushed higher to make sure nothing was left.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Exactly what I did, wire brushed lot, then over few days good few coats of hydrate 80 then few coats of hammerite with waxoyl

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Exactly what I did, wire brushed lot, then over few days good few coats of hydrate 80 then few coats of hammerite with waxoyl

Same process really, only use bilt products.

Did you zinc prime before waxoyl?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Think just the speakers need to be unscrewed and then they pull off. I think that's all it was when I checked my phase1
I've just realised this is b****cks as I never took the card off. I just took the speaker out and sent my inspection camera down the hole for a nose around

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
No didn't bother with actual paint, just the bilt hamber hydrate then hammerite wxoyl

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Next on list for mine is sill trims and all front arches off and same plan of attack

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Thing is what people don’t realise is that this will be a issue over the next few years. It will create more breakers therefore push the prices up for the good ones ?

Last edited:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Drivers side looks like had plate repair anyway? Or that just trick of light in pic?

2014 Clio 200t edc
this is worrying for a future purchase. I thought this era Clio didn’t rust so I was under the impression they were treated. Scary to see rust down there. Reminds me of the old minis.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
My 2002 172 had wax oil or similar all around the sill area, considering the rest of the car it was in better condition than I'd imagined

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
It was rather dirty with a colony of spiders though, would it be advisable to flash it out with soapy water and rinse before a dry out and relax?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah can do but use a damp cloth rather than poor water down there. Make sure you can see daylight In the very corner (drain hole) i would advise this hole is poked every year to make sure it’s clear.

I use a Allen key.

351DFD39-562F-4CEA-904A-75F953BA9CB8.jpeg

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I imagine mine are in a really bad state not sure I want to bother looking. :LOL: