ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Championship

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Hi guys, does anyone on here race in the 750 Motor Club championship for the 182? I'm looking to go racing next year and would love the chance to pop down to a race meeting and have a chat or something with someone already competing! Thanks a lot in advance.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I will be. First race for me will be Silverstone on the 11th Aug.

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
I will be. First race for me will be Silverstone on the 11th Aug.

Sounds like you took a similar route to the one I'm looking at then, as I'll be planning to take my ARDS then join in a championship, however next year rather than this year. I'll keep a keen eye on your thread, and see if I can get down to Silverstone to see how a fellow CS member gets on!

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like you took a similar route to the one I'm looking at then, as I'll be planning to take my ARDS then join in a championship, however next year rather than this year. I'll keep a keen eye on your thread, and see if I can get down to Silverstone to see how a fellow CS member gets on!
Yeah. I suspect Sunday will be hectic but im hoping to arrive on the Saturday to get scrutineering done and to set up as there is other racing series over the whole weekend.
Also as it seems you are only a hour or so north of me, if you want to pop down to Basingstoke one weekend, im usually out tinkering on the car.

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Yeah. I suspect Sunday will be hectic but im hoping to arrive on the Saturday to get scrutineering done and to set up as there is other racing series over the whole weekend.
Also as it seems you are only a hour or so north of me, if you want to pop down to Basingstoke one weekend, im usually out tinkering on the car.
Yeah I imagine there's a lot going on. Sounds good, maybe see if we can catch up after Silverstone!

@BurnyC a few of the guys on here race in the Tricolore Trophy and we're out at cadwell on the 28th July, will probably be done spare tickets if you fancied a day out.
Russ
Had a look and it looks a great series for a beginner. Unfortunately Cadwell is way too far for a day out, but Mallory or Donington are much more local! Would be good to pop up to one of those.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Yeah I imagine there's a lot going on. Sounds good, maybe see if we can catch up after Silverstone!

Had a look and it looks a great series for a beginner. Unfortunately Cadwell is way too far for a day out, but Mallory or Donington are much more local! Would be good to pop up to one of those.

You must be pretty local to me as Mallory is my closet track. 30mins towing.

I’m building a car to race next year all being well.

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
You must be pretty local to me as Mallory is my closet track. 30mins towing.

I’m building a car to race next year all being well.

Well, when I said ‘closest track’ I meant closest on the Tricolore Trophy calendar, it’s still a good 50-60 miles away! Not too bad still though. What series are you looking at?

A5 Coupe & Clio182
Sorry to jump in but this Tricolore Trophy looks decent! Definitely interested in it next year!

Also, good luck at Silverstone! @loggyboy