ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Ph2 Starting Up Issue

Clio 172 Cup
Hi all,
This is my first time posting on here. I am having trouble with a Clio 172 starting up & have ran out of ideas to finding the issue I am currently having.

I bent all the exhaust valves (missed a gear :( ) and have had the engine out, cylinder head rebuild, new pulleys, belts, gaskets, bolts etc.
We got the engine timed back up and compression tested and everything was perfect.

I have now got the engine back in the car and it started up but was idling quite rough. Then when I held the engine at 2/3000 rpm it ran perfect. Until I took my foot off the throttle and it stalled itself. Also the engine warning light flashed on and off quite quick. Then went off for a minute, then came back on again.

I plugged a reader into it the next day and got 1 error code "random/multiple miss-firing" & cleared the code to restart the car with the reader plugged in. However, the car only turns over now and theres no sign of any firing at all.

The coil pack has been resistance checked and is all good. I have taken a plug out and earthed it onto the cam cover and the spark is perfect. The fuel rail has been taken off and pointed into a container and all 4 injectors are spraying all good.

Finally ran out of ideas of what it could be. Could the throttle body be causing the issue?

When live data is on the reader with ignition on. The RMP is coming up as 200? Is this normal? I was expecting it to read 0.

The other odd reading was with the throttle pedal %. With 0 throttle on the pedal, the reading comes up as 3%. Then when I push the throttle pedal
down f
rom 0-99%. The reading still stays as 3%. Then as soon as the pedal is fully pressed at 100% the reader bumps up to 64%?

Does the throttle body have 2 maps for when ignition is on & when the engine is running? These readings didn't seem correct too.

Sorry for a long post! thought Id try get as much info in as I could haha.

Any ideas / things to try would be perfect!!

Cheers :)

Sam