ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 oil pump.

Clio RS Mk2 PH1&PH2
Hi,

I bought a used Clio 172 ph2 engine for my trackday car, I'm in the rebuilding process. I notice the oil pump is a 7700600252, some people say its not the correct oil pump. the correct oil pump is 150100565R .

Any anyone knows the deference between 7700600252 vs 150100565R oil pump?

Should I keep it or change it? Any aftermarket good option?

Thanks

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't counted the teeth but it's standard 172. I've got a couple of them, both the same.

oil pressure mod effectively increases the tension in the spring in the pressure relief valve helping to keep the pressure up.
DSC_0744 arrow.jpg
DSC_0738.JPG
DSC_0748.JPG

Clio RS Mk2 PH1&PH2
And about 150100565R? It is the sames as 252?

I use Motul 15/50 on my race car. But I feel it low at idle.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
There’s sooooooooo many reasons why the f4r suffers with low oil pressure issues/spinning bearings etc etc. Bearing clearances, oil pump clearances/tolerances, harmonics, s**t flexible cranks, vvt solenoids - we’ve tried all sorts of ways to stop f4r engine failures.

Clio RS Mk2 PH1&PH2
I can see some engine bearings from Ph1, better than Ph2, I can see different non forged cranks on Ph2 engines. Maybe some extra deflection on crankshafts.

How the Clio 197 engine bearings perform? better than 172?