ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Exclusive project almost mint

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Test pick with new Iphone X

IMG_0009.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Not commented in here yet for some reason, car looking great and I am sure with the new parts and alignment it's driving great too, have to order a wiper cover for mine, great for £7 ? I love the green colour on the exclusive's especially in the sun

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Car is pretty much where I want it.

Over the next few months the following will be done.

- paint
- alloy refurb
- detail
- RS tuner for snoother power delivery

Tbh alloy refurb and paint wouldn’t be need in most people’s eyes, but I won’t be happy until it’s done.

Some people will think I’m nuts but I much prefer it compared to the GT turbo.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Mint car looks mint. Owner still not happy, fair play to you.

I can understand you preferring it to the GT Turbo, it’s a far more usable car.

Although the GT Turbo did look better, IMO.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Mint car looks mint. Owner still not happy, fair play to you.

I can understand you preferring it to the GT Turbo, it’s a far more usable car.

Although the GT Turbo did look better, IMO.

Loved it but gland I don’t own it. Can take the kids out in this, couldn’t do that in the R5.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Having a few dramas trying to source genuine standard exhaust, so for now I have got my hands on a non-red K-tec stealth. TBH the current non oem cat back is fooking loud so it won't be much difference. Plus it will be nice and polished which isn't a bad thing.

Awaiting paint quote to come back so it can be booked in along with detail + ceramic coat.

Sorting out lumpy idle as throws knock sensor code, knock sensor looks like it's bent (probably from oil changes) so will replace along with pre lambda this weekend.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Today I have replaced lambda & knock sensor, runs much better along with rs tuner. Now I need to sort out stalking lying coming up to junctions from 1st gear which has just started....

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
“Stalling” not “staying lying” f**king iPhone spelling correction.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
BTB did an awesome cat back exhaust. If you can't get a standard one I would highly recommend a BTB (assuming they still make them).

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
paint quote received and it's reasonable so now sorting a date to get her booked in.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
New exhaust here, just needs a good clean before fitting. Should come up close to new given its only 1 year old.

56D5B1FC-AB33-4518-BC2A-19273795566D.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Thread update.

Car is booked in for its mot tomorrow and being dropped off for paint Tuesday. Once the paint is done it will be going in for a detail in a month or so time.

Then it will be finished!

It will owe me about 6k (gulp) but I’m confident it will be one of the best exclusives on the road.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Thread update.

Car is booked in for its mot tomorrow and being dropped off for paint Tuesday. Once the paint is done it will be going in for a detail in a month or so time.

Then it will be finished!

It will owe me about 6k (gulp) but I’m confident it will be one of the best exclusives on the road.
Look forward to seeing it!