ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Exclusive project almost mint

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Going to get sills and paint done next month, once back I'm going to use a DA for the 1st time and use Gtechniq on exterior + interior. Can't wait!
Let me know if you want any Gtechniq products or advise mate :)

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Brief update, car is going in to have sills sorted @ weekend. Also have a set of springs, camber bolts, cup shocks on the way. Just trying to source new lower arms and track rod ends before fitting. Should freshen up handling nicely!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Expensive 48hrs...

New springs all round
New genuine shocks all round
New genuine top mounts
New genuine rod ends
New genuine lower arms
New rear wiper oval plastic trim
New genuine top engine mount

£600....

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Fitted a new genuine top engine mount this morning, feels much better now. Have a replacement genuine exhaust to pick up this week, almost new.

Just dropped the car off to have sill sorted, hardly seems worth it but will do anyway.

IMG_0148.JPG
IMG_0149.PNG

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well that was a waste of time. Fabricator guy removed skirts to reveal immaculate sills. He bashed them about and are solid. So he is going to wire brush the inner wings for me to treat at the weekend. He has pics for me which I will stick up tomorrow.

For now I have order some Bit-Hamper products ready for the weekend.

Deox gel
Hydro 80
Dynax S50 cavaity wax

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Well that was a waste of time. Fabricator guy removed skirts to reveal immaculate sills. He bashed them about and are solid. So he is going to wire brush the inner wings for me to treat at the weekend. He has pics for me which I will stick up tomorrow.

For now I have order some Bit-Hamper products ready for the weekend.

Deox gel
Hydro 80
Dynax S50 cavaity wax
Great news mate, once they are cleaned and protected then you have a cracking solid car.

Bilt hamber is great stuff.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Ok here are some pics.

Passenger side outer no issues.

IMG_0166.JPG
IMG_0165.JPG

Drivers side did in the end need some work which I'm actually happy about. Since has been metal filled, sanded back, painted and stone chipped protection stuff.

IMG_0167.JPG
IMG_0168.JPG

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Some of the many new parts arrived today which Ian great, however am I missing something with the rear shocks???!

IMG_0174.JPG
IMG_0175.JPG

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
All fitted, new shocks. Top mounts, lower arms, track rod ends, springs, and exhaust mount.

Lower arms we're a c**t but done now!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Simple but totally worth it, new trim before and after.

Attachments

• IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    829.1 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_0213.JPG
    IMG_0213.JPG
    520 KB · Views: 401

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Have always loved exclusives!
Remember nearly buying one on a 52 plate.
Wish I had now [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
"Sigh" just cleaned her and now it's raining. Fitted camber bolts this afternoon which now completes the suspension refresh ready for tomorrow's alignment!

IMG_0225.JPG

Armchairracer

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 1
Eibach red ?
It sits really well ..how does it handle compared to standard now?? ..i hillclimb my Exclusive ( standard) and may go modified next year ..will prob use Eibach red as I don't want the expense of coilovers .

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
It sits really well ..how does it handle compared to standard now?? ..i hillclimb my Exclusive ( standard) and may go modified next year ..will prob use Eibach red as I don't want the expense of coilovers .

Hard to say as standard shocks felt sloppy, feels great now and very direct.