ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Exclusive project almost mint

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
34k 1 owner car and I want to make it as out of the box as possible however at the same time use it. Really pleased as is for a base car but it needs lots of work until I have got it into the condition I want it.

Got some parts on order, new battery positive cover, expansion tank, thermostat, rear window wiper surround, washer pump, and a few other bits. Got some bolts to source for flog lights and engine bay which I will have to go through Renault.

My trusty dent remover guy went around the car this week, guys a genius and worked his magic. Really please with the results so onto to the next. When the weather improves I will be having the sides and rear bumper painted to get it how I want it but for now.

Lots more to come but for today I have done the following.

Snow foam
Iron X
Tar remover
Clean inner arches
Wash
Dry
Clay
Wash
Polish
Seal
Dress tyres
6hrs later......

IMG_1067 (1).JPG
IMG_1067 (1).JPG
IMG_1056.JPG
IMG_1058.JPG
IMG_1059.JPG
IMG_1060.JPG
IMG_1062.JPG
IMG_1063.JPG

Interior next weekend as well as engine bay.

Last edited:

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Looks a cracking base
Check inner arches/sills for rust
Lowz
Wheelz
Done

Checked rear arches today, removed layers and layers of filth but pleased I did as the arches are like new underneath all the crap. Not going to bother with sills due to condition of arches.

Great project this on what is already a very nice car..... will be very interested in how it unfolds as work progresses :up:

So much originality there that needs to be kept, interior, original plates bla bla but I'm agreed that lowered with a nice set of OZ's or Turini's with possibly a small spacer and that will look awesome!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Checked rear arches today, removed layers and layers of filth but pleased I did as the arches are like new underneath all the crap. Not going to bother with sills due to condition of arches.
I would still remove the rear inner trims mate, if it's mint then you can fill it full of wax oil.

I use the Bilt hamber stuff, it's fantastic.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I would still remove the rear inner trims mate, if it's mint then you can fill it full of wax oil.

I use the Bilt hamber stuff, it's fantastic.

When weather sorts it self I will have a closer look. Rear bench out and cards pop off? It's been a while!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Love it! I am loving the ph1’s at the moment, they look so much better from the front! Looking good mate :up:

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Couple of days spent on the engine bay. Very rewarding when it comes together at the end. Need to powder coat the engine mount bracket, change the ecu casing and both brackets. Perfect opportunity to replace thermostat, expansion tank, coolant and battery positive cover whilst working on the bay. Other then that, done. before and after :)

12.jpg
IMG_1098.JPG

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
When's the coilovers and Cup spoiler coming?

All in good time :) I will do the cup spoiler when the car goes in for paint. Got the Megane arriving at the end of the week. Don't suppose you know if Renault sell the airbox clips separate?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
All in good time :) I will do the cup spoiler when the car goes in for paint. Got the Megane arriving at the end of the week. Don't suppose you know if Renault sell the airbox clips separate?
A mega!?! You've bought a meg. Why?

Didn't you sell the R26R?

Don't think so, I'm pretty sure they don't. I bought I new air box for mine.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
A mega!?! You've bought a meg. Why?

Didn't you sell the R26R?

Don't think so, I'm pretty sure they don't. I bought I new air box for mine.

That's what I remember. Will keep an eye out for a 2nd hand box then just for clips. Yes I found a F1 in yellow local with 31k on the clock. Immaculate throughout with all the right mods, loved the R26R but wasn't practical. Can put the kids in this!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Wasn't it Marc B who had his inlets soda blasted? I think that's what it's called. Amazing how even fitting a new expansion tank can make a difference. The Exclusive is a marmite car but I personally have a soft spot for them, looks great on the OE BBS wheels.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Looks good that does. Will have a look to see if I can find someone local.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Well under the bonnet would probably be alright, but done forget it's bare alloy.
It was for under the bonnet I was thinking, mainly to go back to how it would have come out of factory, otherwise will probably get some bit's powder coated instead :up:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
It was for under the bonnet I was thinking, mainly to go back to how it would have come out of factory, otherwise will probably get some bit's powder coated instead :up:
Should be fine then bud, just don't go touching it with dirty hands.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Clips big brother has arrived. Make a nice pair tbh.

Will be taking the skirts off this weekend to check sills over (wish me luck) then will be looking for a decent paint shop in Wiltshire, Dorset or Hampshire to paint rear bumper and down both sides.

IMG_1202.JPG

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Clips big brother has arrived. Make a nice pair tbh.

Will be taking the skirts off this weekend to check sills over (wish me luck) then will be looking for a decent paint shop in Wiltshire, Dorset or Hampshire to paint rear bumper and down both sides.

View attachment 1360902

Was really happy with who I recently used in Portsmouth, following a recommendation from here. ERB Motors

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Are they good as I'm one fussy fucker?

I'm by no means an expert but I was very happy with them, and they had plenty of expensive motors in the workshop. The guy who recommended them has his Monaco full resprayed by them. They painted my flamer from the rear quarter to the front door to blend a small repair and its a too job imo.

@General Dave is who i'm thinking of.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I'm by no means an expert but I was very happy with them, and they had plenty of expensive motors in the workshop. The guy who recommended them has his Monaco full resprayed by them. They painted my flamer from the rear quarter to the front door to blend a small repair and its a too job imo.

@General Dave is who i'm thinking of.

Do you mind me asking what you paid so I have a rough idea what to expect?