ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 ecu differences

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
My Kangoo 172 has the incorrect Uch fitted (N3 uch says D4f as engine type & abcde etc as vin) and always says boot is open as a result. The van has no warning lights on dash and runs fine with this setup apart from door open and no abs etc as its on cup running gear.

Bought a normal 172 ecu/N3 uch & key for diagnosis and swapped it over and fires up ok boot warning goes off etc double flash of indicators when locking doors so thats all good. I now have asr/serv on and high idle 1200rpm. Is the high idle due to the asr fault or parameters need resetting ?

Engine idles great 800rpm with old ecu on so no air leaks etc (warning light in pic was post cat lambda which cleared no difference)
20180615_140609.jpg

Typically i would scan it/reprogram with clip but waiting for a new clone clip to turn up. Anybody had this fault before when swapping non cup ecu? Also new ecu is different part number compared to old one - original on left in pic below. Will this cause any issues ??
20180615_142242.jpg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Got to the bottom of this in the end

Basically refitted later 172 ecu/uch and fired engine up from cold - idled normal and settled down to 800ish rpm idle when hot. I scanned it with clip and a load of old faults were stored relating to ct temp sensor etc assuming off the old car - cleared them and no furthur idle issues - had no faults before and none returned.

As for esp light that is now gone. From a quick search of the boards i had thought it was not possible to remove - as uch/ecu was very cheap just went for it and had a couple of hours going through all settings

Steps to remove esp light on cup/deleted setups

Renault can clip needed to recalibrate uch

Basically recalibrate the multiplex network to set abs and steering angle sensor to missing. This removes the multiplex faults if present. I also have normal squib fitted so this might be necessary

20180711_231134.jpg

Then recalibrate the clocks to remove course (Trajectory) control system to turn the esp light off. Job done no more network faults or serv light. Not sure if abs light is on as mine does not work/cup clocks etc - still serv light not on so assume off.
20180714_173704.jpg

Enjoy no more lights on dash. Hope that helps anybody with the same issues.