ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car jerks on gear change

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Voltage wise it looks fine yeah.

I'm not actually sure how fast it should be alternating though, seconds or milliseconds.
Going to remove the new decat section this weekend and pull the engine forward. I'm sure it's not sitting right.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Engine. I remember pulling the engine forward a while back and it did improve gear change etc but then soon went back to how it was.

Loosen the mounts, let the car idle for a bit and it should find it's own settling point.

Tighten back up.

dan's cast offs.
Lambda isn't bad. You don't need to graph the map, just reading with ignition on and then idle.

Line the engine up, don't just pull it one way or the other.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Lambda isn't bad. You don't need to graph the map, just reading with ignition on and then idle.

Line the engine up, don't just pull it one way or the other.
I'll swap the lambda over as I have one and will be jacking up the car anyway and then can compare. Will have a look at the map sensor reading in a bit!

Thanks all

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Map sensor 14.2 PSI Ignition on
5.5 Idle (relatively cold engine, 1/4 on dial) does jump around ever so slightly 5.3-5.7

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
So change map? I do have a spare but made no difference when I swapped it, unless that's fucked too?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
You could check and see what that reads, but I'm guessing it'll be around the same.

You are well above sea level being up int' hills.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Mine does the same but I think it's just one of the mounts that I haven't changed yet, either the gearbox side or the other little dicky one.

I changed the belt side mount and dogbone mount for new items with powerflex bushes in both and the sloppyness on gearchange still exists. I was told to loosen off the bolts on the engine mount and run the engine for a few minutes to let it 'settle' in a natural spot as there's a few mil of adjustment on them, but when I tried this, the mount didn't move at all unless I engauged gear and rocked the engine that way.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Also noticed today when the engine was cold if I was moving off in slow moving traffic then came to a stop. After pressing in the clutch the revs would sit at around 1300 and fluctuate then drop down to 1000.
They also seem to bounce up when pressing the clutch down in slow traffic more than they used to. Almost like it's trying to stop the car stalling which is odd.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Just get on with it.

I replaced everything with new at 125k miles in August.

Injectors, coil pack, plugs, HT leads, Lambda`s, air & pollen filter, oil & filter.

Has run faultlessly since, and I am now on 133k, same as you.

Another oil change planned for this week.

My lambda didn't throw an eml for quite a while and intermittently even then. The lambda had totally failed and rattled. The car would (several mins after start) hesitate, missfire and bog down with throttle, would then drive fine but use quite a bit of fuel. Was doing 20 mpg where it now runs fine and averages over 30 on the same journey.

Also read of people having air leaks etc.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Swapped the map sensor, no change.

Got a video of the slight popping at idle, this just normal with a non res decat milltek system?

I'll change the lambda when it's not pissing it down! It's on and off which is really annoying

tbf, that sounds no different to mine... if i make a slightly off gearchange the car will jerk nastily, slow changes fine, quick changes fine. Seems to stumble getting back onto the throttle which cases a jerk.

I've only ever noticed this on cars which I've been mapping with the thottle enrichments turned off - they go lean as you get back on the throttle for a short amount of time, missfire (sometimes quite badly) and then return to normal with steady/slow throttle, the jerk feels pretty much the same in mine as that.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
100kpa with just ignition on, so 14.5psi

38kpa engine running, so 5.5psi

Very similar to yours.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
what reading are you getting for atmospheric pressure and manifold pressure with ignition?
Isn't the manifold pressure the same as atmospheric pressure at ignition? Or is there another way to gauge the overall atmospheric pressure through something else?