ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car broken into!! Help needed

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Hi all,

So early this morning a t**t on a pedal bike decided to bend the passenger door and smash the window to get inside and rob the sub from the boot (nothing special) the neigbour heard it and scared him off (He would scare me as he is huge and a bouncer), I heard the shatter of the glass but when I got out of bed he had already darted.

Got a video of him arriving on his bike and of him running away from my other car's dash cam, also have his bike as he left it.

So what I need is, if anyone near the north west has a silver door (will get the paint code shortly) how much would you want, I can pick it up but need it asap preferably before I get ripped of from a scrapyard.

MK2 PH2
Silver
3 door
Electric window

Seriously don't know how the bugger got in and out through the window as he was over 6ft!

Thanks for any help.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
This is my Clio
1b7ab0d40ec5f2273fc7262f64558028.jpg

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Gutted. t**t.
Bike probably stolen too but may have fingerprints on it.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Hopefully, had a look in the before to find 2 big dirty foot prints in the rear passenger footwell too.
61b8e33461387029dd5a85ae03fbda88.jpg
f1140b0289d6a7bd47ce60dbb091d5eb.jpg
e53aeb2c0d4bba6c8651d00534a841fb.jpg
a2d1328a851e873bd17d750ca7b6fc0f.jpg

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
That's what we would like to know, the only thing we can think is he has passed at some point when the missus has got home from work and opened the boot but even then it's hard to even see it as the missus has riding boots infront of it or just from hearing it as it's drove passed.

It wasn't just pick a car on the road and see what he can grab either as on the video he comes from the pathway oppsite and straight to the car.

Theres an old merc soft top parked behind the Clio and he didn't even batt an eyelid at that even though it would have been 10 times easier to get in an probably have more valueable stuff.

The car is completely standard aswel as you can see from the pic above even the standard radio and nothing on show at all inside (the missus keeps it very clean).

He didn't take any of the expensive horsey stuff the missus has in there just the sub which he ended up leaving behind to run and £1.50 from the glove box.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
He lives round the corner then, or he knows you.

Does the video have a good shot of his face?? You'll probably see him walking around.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Not clear but good enough and the neighbour told the police he'll pick him out 100%

He knew were it was because he just came straight through the passage way to the car no other footage of him at all through the whole night just straight in and then legging it off up the road.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
I don't know if he thought it would be better but the bike certainly ain't cheap. As mentioned above I've been wondering if that was stolen too.

When CSI come round tomorrow we'll see what they say.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Do you play music dead loud with the bass on and piss everyone off?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Mercury silver is the paint code you're looking for. Only non sports come in that colour I'm afraid.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Do you play music dead loud with the bass on and piss everyone off?
I don't mainly because I don't drive it as often (used to in my old car though as it had no back seats or boot space just subs [emoji2]).

The missus doesn't have it too loud either I set it up to give a good balance of bass to go with the original front speakers and not over shadow their mid and treble, so it's not excessive, I'd compare the bass to a standard setup in a decent spec new car.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Mercury silver is the paint code you're looking for. Only non sports come in that colour I'm afraid.
The silver 1.2s I've seen in the scrappyards have been NV-632.

There is a silver sport in Blackpool, their going to get back to me today when their home, it does look alot closer to my colour than any others I've seen.

If needs must I'll just get that for now as it's a closer colour than Blue or Black, don't really want an inbetweeners looking car.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
So yes then? Lol
Maybe [emoji6] tbh though both of us always have it turned down when we get in the estate as we live near a lot of elderly people (respect your elders and all that).

At the end of our estate is the motorway so round here it's never played loud but once on the motorway it's turned up a bit.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
So to update this I picked up a door in the right colour on Monday.

In 23 mins the old door was off and new one on, then changed the lock, wing mirror and took the seat out to clean all of the glass out yesturday.

The door has 3 dimples but better than nothing.
41df30e5d62e99d7d37357c5b4bf63ab.jpg
3e3dfad53cfcb5ad28fc4301a1c2c0d3.jpg
7f85cf4b65e723d39f7b3f77140d3e0c.jpg
903ba6c6eae3d1dd2ef7e9d8b0316b27.jpg
20d1bc3e36d863a8dd327ab2f5168082.jpg
e8971e4d15e78d746cfc36178a2adfb9.jpg
cd47bd17e6f88ecd9a40367eaa7d92da.jpg

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Thanks, the speed of getting it done was more due to the rain heaving down as I was removing the door.

MorroN

ClioSport Club Member
Think very carefully about telling insurance..

I told mine when my old punto got broken into just to see if it was worth claiming ... decided not to claim and now I have a non fault ‘claim’ on my record which will cost be about £200 a year on my insurance bill for 3/5 years.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
No point informing insurance as he only got away with £1.50 and 2 bobbles plus the door only cost me £40 and 23 minutes of my time so no point really.

I've already got a none fault claim from a head on collision with a mini bus that cost enough added on [emoji22]

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Cheers, it does have a few light scratches here and there but dint wise theres the dimples on this door and the typical dint above the bonnet catch but other than that it's those headlights that let it down [emoji45] need to restore them.

Land Rover
One of the mobile dent removal companies will fix those dents in about ten minutes.

My dent man fixed my bonnet dents, a couple of door dents, one on the rear panel and one on the tailgate in under twenty minutes.

EF161577-7F6E-491E-83E8-CFA02E9445C2.jpeg
484ACF6C-1953-482B-9BC3-FBA5EFA8D651.jpeg

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Now that's impressive, I've never had to use dent removal before might actually look into that.

How much did it cost?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Think very carefully about telling insurance..

I told mine when my old punto got broken into just to see if it was worth claiming ... decided not to claim and now I have a non fault ‘claim’ on my record which will cost be about £200 a year on my insurance bill for 3/5 years.

How is that possible? Isn’t that fraud on their part as you never actually claimed?

How do they know or can prove that your car was actually broken into? I’d been ringing them up and demanding they remove all record of the non claim claim. If they argue otherwise I’d pursue legal action. They can’t charge your for something you’ve not claimed for.

MorroN

ClioSport Club Member
How is that possible? Isn’t that fraud on their part as you never actually claimed?

How do they know or can prove that your car was actually broken into? I’d been ringing them up and demanding they remove all record of the non claim claim. If they argue otherwise I’d pursue legal action. They can’t charge your for something you’ve not claimed for.

It has to be declared under ‘have you had any accidents/incidents/claims in the last x years’ As a £0 non fault claim.

f**king criminals.