ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camshaft position sensor

Clio 182
The 172/182 engine doesn't have one.
I want to retrofit one for the management system I'm running and wondered if anyone has any pictures of where they're mounted on the later cars or Meganes?
Many thanks,
Daniel

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Not the best of pictures, but if you zoom in it's to the left of the lifting eye.
IMG_2006.JPG

Clio 182
Awesome, doesn't look like it's an easy retrofit... I'll look at sorting it using a different sensor

dan's cast offs.
how come you want cam sensor? as for retro fit to standard head i'd be looking at one of the cam caps and setting something up there.

Clio 182
I'm going to be running a Syvecs ECU on my car.

A cam sensor allows sequential fuel + spark. It allows correct timing of injection events.
It also allows full knock control, that knows which cylinder is firing and can make real time adjustments per cylinder.
Without a cam sensor you're loosing 10% fuel economy... the motorsport active knock control also allows for a more efficient burn.

I'll likely look at adding a sensor on the pulley end of the head to avoid the possibility of oil leaks.

Clio 182
was wondering more what engine spec you're planning on running sorry.
My bad!
I'm going through spec stuff now, I'm either going to run high compression with ITBs and big cams OR stock compression and a SC.
I'm torn between the two, I know that the SC will give bigger gains but I've had a few ITB cars in the past and always loved them... choices...