ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying used iPhones?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I need to get hold of an iPhone, 6 or onwards, for as little money as possible.

I've seen many retailers selling 'pristine' phones for circa £150-£200 which works for me.

Before I jump in and risk getting burned...does anyone have any first-hand experience or recommendations of where I should go for this?

Thanks CS (y)

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I bought mine second hand off Facebook market place - no issues for me, and that was a private sale.
I’d imagine the refurbished ones off a company as fine also.

Edit: I think I only paid £110 privately

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I always buy second hand iphones for me off here.

Usually I pick them up when a new version comes out and members jump to buy those. After a few years I try to pick up a new one and sell the old one to CEX.

The only issue I have with second hand ones is that the battery can start to get tired.

Funny how I always have a 2nd hand one and my wife and daughter both have brand new ones (usually paid for by me).

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I might be selling my old 6S plus if you are interested. Its recently had a new battery too. I'd still be using it now but I upgraded to a Huawei

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's space grey. Storage if I remember right is 128gb? I may be wrong though and it may be 64gb. It's deffo one or the other though

I'd have to confirm when I get home.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Normal 6 would be ideal, I'd say 6 Plus is too big for me let alone a kid tbh.

Get a new battery (about £60 from Apple) for whatever you buy and it'll be good as new.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Will do, I'll have a browse and see what the general sale price is for them on the world wide Web and get back to you.

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Had a few mates get stung with icloud lock on second hand iphones which may be one to look out for via eBay etc

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I have a rose gold 64gb 6s that I’ve recently upgraded from. It’s in pretty good condition bar the odd dink in the bottom where the case didn’t cover. It’s had a screen protector on it since day one. The battery however lets it down. It will last just about a day if you don’t use it much and tbh it’ll probably better once it’s not full of my rubbish ?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
We got the battery changed at Apple for about £25 on my old 6S before I passed it on to a family member and it made such a difference. Well worth the money.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Friend got an iphone X off Mezuma the other week, Went for the lowest quality option and it was pretty much mint condition.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
We got the battery changed at Apple for about £25 on my old 6S before I passed it on to a family member and it made such a difference. Well worth the money.

25 quid for a new battery fitted at apple
REALLY!??

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I have a 6S that the battery life started to get really bad. I got a new genuine apple one from ebay for about £15 with the tools to fit it.
Did it myself in about 10 minutes and its been perfect ever since. In fact so good that I changed the battery in the wifes one too.
They're like new phones since changing the battery and that was back at the end of last year, no faults or issues since.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
25 quid for a new battery fitted at apple
REALLY!??

Yea they have a really affordable battery replacement scheme.

It's because it was found that iphone software was intentionally slowing down older phones with crap batteries (and not telling the user), so now you can get the naf battery changed without breaking the bank.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@MarkCup you still after one? Got this lovely pink 6s for sale..

image.jpg

Reactions: DrR