ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bringing BG paintwork back to life

Mk5 Golf GTI
Hi Guys,
Looking for a recommendation on how to bring my paintwork but to its former glory. I have decent cleaning experience and have the products I know and love having had new cars before but have never worked on an older car trying to restore the paintwork.

Looking for a recommendation for clay bars and machine polishers etc for restoration and any other tips you have to get paintwork back up to standard again.

Conor L

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio Mk2
Clay bar I'd recommend Bilt Hamber Auto Clay. Theres 3 different grades depending on how bad the contamination is on your paint. Beginner machine polisher I'd suggest the Das 6 pro dual action polisher with the chemical guys hex logic pads and youd also want the standard 5 inch backing plate and 3 inch backing plate. I'd recommend watching Forensic Detailing Channel on YouTube. He has a video on there about machine polishing for beginners, well worth a watch.