ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brighton (Devils Dyke, Marina) Cliosport meet for the Summer 2017?

Which meet date for a Brighton meet would you attend

• Other weekend day ive suggested in the thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Thats good then- 2 can do 2nd, 2 can do 8th, and one can do neither.

I can do all ;-)

Driving thru Brighton midday on a saturday or Sunday is not good, but its not grim. Maybe the idea is a slow cruise of cars anyway. Think we should say 5 minimum? Whats the thoughts

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Unfortunately I'm on holiday for all those dates. Would be a 160 mile round trip so maybe for the best.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
will leave a few days , see if others indicate interest- actually might add a poll, as everyone will see it then, rather than scroll back thru the thread to see the dates

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Is there any way i can see who has voted, rather than just the results

Someone else has just added they can do all 3 dates- whose that ? :smile:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
@Phase1sr

Scotty, fancy a few hours down Brighton on the 2nd July?

Can pick you up if you don't fancy taking the Scoob?
Hi mate, thanks for the tag.
I would love to come but unfortunately im at Goodwood FOS on the Saturday so really don't fancy another day out.

Also id love to be able to take the impreza to a trip out like this one, at the moment im still waiting on a part to come from Japan (its been about 2 months so far) so i may not even be able to drive it to Goodwood.
I am hoping that the car will be ready as i haven't driven it for 6 months, if not then im sure it will be back on the road for mid July and ready for a good blast out.

Have a little cruise out- some great roads north of Brighton. Maybe meet for a cuppa and bite at a cafe.

Brighton Devils Dyke, Brighton Marina are good destinations. Or further afield if any other suggestions. Hastings maybe?

The Chalet Cafe just south of Cowfold is famous for bike meetups and more and more car meets go through the place these days... awesome fry up, BIG carpark and outside seating :)
The journey would involve coming out of Brighton onto the Devils Dyke road, go through Henfield then the cafe is before you hit Cowfold. 20mins drive.
Links here...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Chalet-Cafe/186302894732111
U can see the Sussex Mini Owners Club did this cafe just a week ago...

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
^ Yes, i know it. Much better views and scenery from the Dyke- and a nice watering hole...:)

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Looking at plumping for 13th August, as its latest date of the 3, and gives chance for more members to get on board
Also the weather may be warmer (August in my experience is usually better)

Will look at creating another thread with that date, unless theres more comment, and would be looking at 5 cars+ minimum if that's OK?
Ive been to meets with just 2 or 3, and they don't quite work?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Looking at plumping for 13th August, as its latest date of the 3, and gives chance for more members to get on board
Also the weather may be warmer (August in my experience is usually better)

Will look at creating another thread with that date, unless theres more comment, and would be looking at 5 cars+ minimum if that's OK?
Ive been to meets with just 2 or 3, and they don't quite work?

That's the weekend before CSF

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
That's the weekend before CSF

OK. Maybe not then.
Down to 2 dates then..... thinking hat back on
most interest is 8th July

Seconds out for a thread on 8th July... sorry those that cant... but gotta decide and advertise something
5+ Clio commitments needed :cool:

Last edited:

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Any of you guys that expressed an interest in the Brighton meet gonna meet up at Pease Pottage next Saturday :)
say YO on the other thread

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
if anyone fancies a Brighton meet before the autumn just post up
we get 5 cars, we r good to go

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
There's 5 182s in crowborough alone, a couple of 197s too so I'm sure I can pull a few along with a bit of warning.
Nice one- choose a date and lets go for it.
Lots say they fancy it, but when the day comes............. Ka Sera
lets hope we can get 5