ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bright colour roll cage yes or no?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I have a black safety devices cage, I have been thinking of having the cage powder coated Fluorescent orange as I have various parts sprayed that colour.
I am worried it may be a bit to bright inside the car and cause reflections on the screen, anyone got a bright cage and what are your thoughts?

A photoshop of the car at the moment with the orange wheels.
16374818575_e66ae26f9a_z_zpsunqjmvoa.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Not sure myself, can look good but in a kinda chavy way.

I'm going to be doing mine satin black when I get it abit less in your face. I think either would work for yours all depends what you want tbh, I don't see how it would cause to many reflections though?

Inferno 182
Orange definitely buddy. Will look the cats fanny.

If its a roadcar just be careful. Some insurance companies void a claim if you haven't told them it's caged. Some won't even insure caged cars. Been there many times when I was building minis.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Orange definitely buddy. Will look the cats fanny.

If its a roadcar just be careful. Some insurance companies void a claim if you haven't told them it's caged. Some won't even insure caged cars. Been there many times when I was building minis.

Its a road legal track car and everything is declared so all good.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I am picking my wheels up this week from the powder coaters so will see how the orange has come out, and if it is good probably get it done after Bedford the end of the month.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Clubsport spec. Motherhucker. X
That's what I'm currently doing to mine Cub. You can have a cage without all the cold bare metal... Should hopefully have it in and fitted by end of next week. I'm undecided on cage colour though? I was thinking either gloss black, anthracite to match the 2118's or go for red to match the trophy but I think that will be over kill. Thoughts?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'd go light grey in a trophy. @aucky runs light grey wheels on track and I think it looks phenomenal. You could get the turinis done the same. Bit different.

Gloss black is the safe choice though ;)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'd go light grey in a trophy. @aucky runs light grey wheels on track and I think it looks phenomenal. You could get the turinis done the same. Bit different.

Gloss black is the safe choice though :wink:
Oh you :wink:

They're actually Renault Lunar Grey. But they're now fucked, trackday heat has melted and bubbled the paint off.
I'll be getting them powdercoated gloss grey at some point as I don't think 'wet' paint can withstand the heat 😧

Last edited:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Oh you :wink:

They're actually Renault Lunar Grey. But they're now fucked, trackday heat has melted and bubbled the paint off.
I'll be getting them powdercoated gloss grey at some point as I don't think 'wet' paint can withstand the heat 😧
Mine aren't powdercoated and they're fine. It's all in the prep mate. Acid dipped, primed and painted any colour you like - £180!!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I think I'm going to go with anthracite to match the wheels. Not the standard black but not over the top either! I will put some photos up once she's fitted.