ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW e92 330i

e92 330i
Well after 3 Clio's I've finally moved away from French! The 182 is up for sale and I will be sad to see it go, but onwards and upwards.

I wanted something bigger, auto, and coupe-ish looking. Had a look at Audi A5, TT, MB C350 but always came back to the e92. Had to have the iDrive and heated seats and M sport. Bought a grey one from private seller, the next day the car had a misfire, plugged it in, running rich and misfire cyl 1. Instead of repair the seller said he would buy it back for the same price - great result I guess!

This one isn't my first colour choice but looks good nonetheless.
BMW e92 330i M Sport Highline. Already have some 18'' MV3's to go on (prefer the ride and look over the 19's).
68k Miles
Full BMW service history
most importantly the injectors are still working...for now.

BMW01.png
BMW02.png
BMW03.png

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Looks great. White is a fine colour for the E90, just leave it standard (not black wheels, windows, grills) and it'll look smart for years!

e92 330i
Looks great. White is a fine colour for the E90, just leave it standard (not black wheels, windows, grills) and it'll look smart for years!

Yes that’s the idea, black wheels and grills aren’t really my thing anyway! Maybe some m performance goodies and a splitter..

Good choice :wink: they look a bit under wheeled with the 18’s on though imo. Had mine 3 years now and still love it.

Yeah I put the last one on 18’s and looked good, will see at the weekend when they go on anyway :) reading your thread on the blue 330i you have made me definitely want the e92!

White Highline fwends :up:
You've got the 330i that i originally wanted. Mines a 330d.
View attachment 1352713
6 by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

White highline fwend indeed! I considered a 330/335d but with the milage I do it would probably cause more issues and I love a petrol!

Question, how do you guys find the seating position? I’m only 5’11” and seems to sit too high!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Question, how do you guys find the seating position? I’m only 5’11” and seems to sit too high!

Guy at work has a 335d and he is over 6' with no issues, both front seats go proper low tbh, he has the electric memory seats if that makes any difference though?

e92 330i
Yes they’re electric memory, I’ll check under the seat but they do go all the way down I believe, my hair is constantly brushing the headliner and it drives me mad. Maybe I’ll just get a shorter hair cut!

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Yes they’re electric memory, I’ll check under the seat but they do go all the way down I believe, my hair is constantly brushing the headliner and it drives me mad. Maybe I’ll just get a shorter hair cut!
is your hair a bit punk then, like Vivian from the young ones

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Must be something under the seat. I drop my seat to the lowest point and I can't see the bonnet

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
White halos are one of the best mods for the pre-LCI lights! Improves the front end so much.

With regards to the seating position, I'm about 5'11 as well and I have mines up a little bit from the lowest point. Do you sit quite upright? I have quite a relaxed driving position for the most part which maybe helps me, but I find if I lean forward then my hair can touch the roof near to the sunvisors.

e92 330i
White halos are one of the best mods for the pre-LCI lights! Improves the front end so much.

With regards to the seating position, I'm about 5'11 as well and I have mines up a little bit from the lowest point. Do you sit quite upright? I have quite a relaxed driving position for the most part which maybe helps me, but I find if I lean forward then my hair can touch the roof near to the sunvisors.

Yeah it just looks more modern now. I sit as upright as I can really due to a dodgy back. Yeah it’s that part that drops down near the front which annoys me, it can move up so I might be able to sort something out.

What bulbs did you go for? They seem to light up both rings quite well.
Some from eBay, I can pm you the link if you like. Didn’t realise they were 120watts and I read somewhere on the e9x forums not to go for anymore than 35watts so unsure if they’ll last, being led I think they should be fine. Regards to the rings, it looks better in the photos to be honest, due to the bulb placement I think the outside one will never be as bright as the inside!

e92 330i
So little update on this - done the oil/all filters service last week and had the wheels all balanced and a slow puncture repaired, no more wheel wobble!
M performance handbrake and gear selector/surrond fitted.
IMG_6529.JPG

Exhuast tips were a bit of a mess so wire wool and autosol went form this
IMG_6523.JPG

To this, not perfect but as good as they will get

RQXP4595.JPG

Then had a little detail, sealed the wheels and AF tough coat still going strong.
IMG_6527.JPG
IMG_6538.JPG
IMG_6534.JPG

Also decided to keep the MV4's for summer and use the 18's for winter. The 19's needed new rears so bought these at half price with 6mm tread still! (yes I have a spare for the rear - lad was selling 3)

IMG_6531.jpg

Finally I have ordered a BNG Arkym style front lip which should be here anytime soon. Been debating getting the black kidney's, not normally a fan but I like the double slatted one from the newer M cars, might work with the splitter also not sure. That's all for now!
e92 arkym 3.jpg

Attachments

• AZHH4887.JPG
    AZHH4887.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 211
  • IMG_6531.jpg
    IMG_6531.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 122
  e92 330i
Fitted the 19’s with the fancy rubber and spent a day and half detailing it..
613A735A-E981-4BD4-809E-D8A143D4F848.jpeg

Decided to say thank you by throwing up injector fault codes on cyl 1&6, oh joy. Set up a little experiment to see if they will actually leak

25960D8A-5BC1-49A0-8EDC-C1A4F1FE8F34.jpeg

Nil presently.
Fitted the 19’s with the fancy rubber and spent a day and half detailing it..
View attachment 1365695

Decided to say thank you by throwing up injector fault codes on cyl 1&6, oh joy. Set up a little experiment to see if they will actually leak

View attachment 1365696
Unfortunately this will be a recurrent problem. I replaced all 6 eventually on my 330i E92 (2008 build date), and within 20,000 miles the dreaded cylinder 5 and 6 misfire fault had returned (even with the latest version). Usual symptoms are rough idling for the first few seconds when cold, before levelling out once the excess fuel has burned off. I attempted to speak with BMW regarding a gesture of good will, as this was the third full set (both rows) of injectors this car had in 80,000 miles, however as the latest injectors were fitted and coded at an indy, they couldn't have cared less. Don't even get me started on the 3 NoX sensors I got through at £550 a pop either haha!

Sold the vehicle in the end for much, much less than I originally paid for it.

Speak with BMW to see if you've had the injector recall carried out on your vehicle. If you haven't, they're still crediting it to this very day!

e92 330i
Unfortunately this will be a recurrent problem. I replaced all 6 eventually on my 330i E92 (2008 build date), and within 20,000 miles the dreaded cylinder 5 and 6 misfire fault had returned (even with the latest version). Usual symptoms are rough idling for the first few seconds when cold, before levelling out once the excess fuel has burned off. I attempted to speak with BMW regarding a gesture of good will, as this was the third full set (both rows) of injectors this car had in 80,000 miles, however as the latest injectors were fitted and coded at an indy, they couldn't have cared less. Don't even get me started on the 3 NoX sensors I got through at £550 a pop either haha!

Sold the vehicle in the end for much, much less than I originally paid for it.

Speak with BMW to see if you've had the injector recall carried out on your vehicle. If you haven't, they're still crediting it to this very day!

Sounds like you had a load of fun with these then!

I rang Bmw before I bought it and they said they only recalled for the coils not the injectors (the first N53 I bought the injector went the next day).

Did they put out any literature for the recall?

Nil presently.
Sounds like you had a load of fun with these then!

I rang Bmw before I bought it and they said they only recalled for the coils not the injectors (the first N53 I bought the injector went the next day).

Did they put out any literature for the recall?

I believe so, there are plenty of threads on Bimmerforum documenting the full details of the recall. I'm absolutely certain the injectors were recalled, as I had the recall notice completed on my BMW online history (version 2's replaced with version 6 IIRC). Ironically though, they're now on version 14!

I went directly through my local BMW Sytner centre (Falmouth BMW) who were remarkably helpful about the whole thing. They accessed the vehicle history using the VIN, and then explained that all recalls were fulfilled on the vehicle, plus the details of where and when (even which version injectors were used).

The chap did say that if the injector recall was not fulfilled, BMW would honour it regardless of whether the vehicle has a full BMW service record.
Also, contrary to popular belief, they can replace single injectors as opposed to entire rails of 3, however, for two injectors fitted the quote was absolutely astronomical compared to the indy ( BMW circa £850 inc coding vs Indy £450).

What symptoms are you suffering? The misfire cylinder X codes are thrown in predominance by the coil packs.

e92 330i
I believe so, there are plenty of threads on Bimmerforum documenting the full details of the recall. I'm absolutely certain the injectors were recalled, as I had the recall notice completed on my BMW online history (version 2's replaced with version 6 IIRC). Ironically though, they're now on version 14!

I went directly through my local BMW Sytner centre (Falmouth BMW) who were remarkably helpful about the whole thing. They accessed the vehicle history using the VIN, and then explained that all recalls were fulfilled on the vehicle, plus the details of where and when (even which version injectors were used).

The chap did say that if the injector recall was not fulfilled, BMW would honour it regardless of whether the vehicle has a full BMW service record.
Also, contrary to popular belief, they can replace single injectors as opposed to entire rails of 3, however, for two injectors fitted the quote was absolutely astronomical compared to the indy ( BMW circa £850 inc coding vs Indy £450).

What symptoms are you suffering? The misfire cylinder X codes are thrown in predominance by the coil packs.

Yeah I have read quite a bit on bimmer forums but that's an american site I think and they only got the N54 which BMW did a recall for. By all means I will definitely give them a call and see whats what as i don't fancy buying them at £250 a pop!

Luckily it does have full bmw service history, so that should't be an issue either way.

Yeah the usual lumpy idle and power down for the first half mile then cleared up once the extra fuel has been burnt off. After a few hours the injector had leaked a little bit so they are definitely at fault.

Fault codes are 29CD 29CE and 29CC , sorry thats cyl 1&2 not 6.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a read before I give them a call, just want to make sure I don't get fobbed off, and then on the other hand if I'm wrong I'll look like a dick lol

Nil presently.
Yeah I have read quite a bit on bimmer forums but that's an american site I think and they only got the N54 which BMW did a recall for. By all means I will definitely give them a call and see whats what as i don't fancy buying them at £250 a pop!

Luckily it does have full bmw service history, so that should't be an issue either way.

Yeah the usual lumpy idle and power down for the first half mile then cleared up once the extra fuel has been burnt off. After a few hours the injector had leaked a little bit so they are definitely at fault.

Fault codes are 29CD 29CE and 29CC , sorry thats cyl 1&2 not 6.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a read before I give them a call, just want to make sure I don't get fobbed off, and then on the other hand if I'm wrong I'll look like a dick lol

I've just located my old correspondence with BMW UK with the UK recall code present and as follows:

E92E93 325i/330i N53
Defect Code: 0013050200
Description: Ex Fx N53 N54 ECE: Check injectors and replace if necessary.

This is separate to the coil recall which reads the following:

E92E93 325i/330i N53
Defect Code: 0012230300
Description: E6x E8x E9x N43 N53: Replace ignition coil (Bosch).

Hope this helps mate. BMW customer service were absolutely brilliant over the phone, very genuine and upfront from my experiences, therefore definitely worth a call.

Best wishes.

e92 330i
I've just located my old correspondence with BMW UK with the UK recall code present and as follows:

E92E93 325i/330i N53
Defect Code: 0013050200
Description: Ex Fx N53 N54 ECE: Check injectors and replace if necessary.

This is separate to the coil recall which reads the following:

E92E93 325i/330i N53
Defect Code: 0012230300
Description: E6x E8x E9x N43 N53: Replace ignition coil (Bosch).

Hope this helps mate. BMW customer service were absolutely brilliant over the phone, very genuine and upfront from my experiences, therefore definitely worth a call.

Best wishes.

That’s perfect thank you mate, could’ve saved me a lot of ££, I’ll see how it goes tomorrow! Is it worth calling Bmw uk first or just straight to dealership?

Nil presently.
That’s perfect thank you mate, could’ve saved me a lot of ££, I’ll see how it goes tomorrow! Is it worth calling Bmw uk first or just straight to dealership?

Fingers crossed for you buddy!

Start with the dealership, and if no luck, escalate to BMW UK.
You could always give BMW Falmouth a call if your local dealership doesn't provide much in the way of help (just pretend you're a Cornish resident looking for future servicing etc) - I honestly couldn't have asked for better service over the phone from them. They checked all the recall information whilst I waited and provided full accounts of everything performed and where/when. Worth having a pen and paper handy though, as the E92's are known for their recalls haha!

Let me know how it goes.

e92 330i
So a year has passed and the injector fault has not come back since ?‍♂️.

Anyway, few changes to the car, on 77k miles now and been all good, touch wood.

Dirty photo but now on bbs ch-r, eibach pros and a second front splitter.

6B9C1C03-85FB-48FF-B381-A3999D82F855.png

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
What size and offset are the BBS wheels? They look lovely. Just picked up a 2008 E92 330i myself so all the BMW threads on here are excellent reading!

To change the colour of the halo lights is it just a case of changing bulbs in the light unit? Thanks

e92 330i
That's stunning.

Seems BMW's are taking over on here lol

Thanks dude. If you can’t beat them, join them!

I don't think, disasters aside, I'll be getting rid of mine any time soon. There's just something about RWD that's clicked with me. Love it.

Indeed, for the money you could probably get something that’s faster or something that handles better, but these seem to be a great all rounder for daily driving and a bit of fun.

What size and offset are the BBS wheels? They look lovely. Just picked up a 2008 E92 330i myself so all the BMW threads on here are excellent reading!

To change the colour of the halo lights is it just a case of changing bulbs in the light unit? Thanks

Ah awesome dude, get a thread up, good to have a nosey at others! Fronts are 19x8.5 et32, rears are 19x9.5 et35. Yeah one bulb each side, the outside halo isn’t ever that good because the light travels along the tube. You can get aftermarket halos though if you’re bothered.

Here’s another one from a few weeks ago when we had sun!
52692E8B-F708-42AD-99E0-A45F3EC52F0F.jpeg