ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bitcoins (and other crypto currencies)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
No web page. Have you got funds in your Binance wallet?

I've found the right bit to buy on but how do I add funds, do I need to go through all the authentication stuff first?

Only started getting interested in this stuff over Christmas as my cousin was almost in tears telling me about how he used to have about 40 Bitcoin and sold them all for like £600!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Yeah I guess so. There is a fee for each transaction though. I don't think I'm playing baller enough :tongueout:
0.05% FFS.
I've found the right bit to buy on but how do I add funds, do I need to go through all the authentication stuff first?

Only started getting interested in this stuff over Christmas as my cousin was almost in tears telling me about how he used to have about 40 Bitcoin and sold them all for like £600!
We talking about Binance?
You need to buy some BTC/ETH and send it to your Binance wallet. Once it's has been confirmed, it will show up in the app and you can then use your bitcoin to buy whatever altcoin you want.
Make sure you understand the difference between limit and market before you do though.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Xrp really is terrible at the moment. I was hoping it would improve this week after the moneygram news

Clio 182
Blood bath at the mo!
Im deep in LTC and XLM at the moment

Few quid in verge and etn as well. Should pick up soon I hope!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
XRP 😧

Why does it have to drop all the time
You’re telling me. I got on the hype train because of my best mate, telling me about his 6 months of research, sharing articles etc. He’s been banging on about how he bought it at $0.30 and was confident in the speculation that it’d be $20-50 by the end of the year, and $5+ by the end of Jan.

I bought it at £2, and it immediately crashed :(

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Yup, i just bought another Litecoin ... 😂
I bought some LTC the last time it was this low, the problem is it doesn't go anywhere, at least ethereum goes up a fair bit. That said, all 4 coins on coinbase have just plummeted :/

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
You’re telling me. I got on the hype train because of my best mate, telling me about his 6 months of research, sharing articles etc. He’s been banging on about how he bought it at $0.30 and was confident in the speculation that it’d be $20-50 by the end of the year, and $5+ by the end of Jan.

I bought it at £2, and it immediately crashed 😧
I did the same. Bought about 2.20. Luckily only 100 quids worth

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I do find it funny how confident some people seem to be in the current coins. On long enough timeline the value of the current coins could easily be zero.

(That's not aimed at anyone here in particular btw, just the general feels on the web is that you should bet your net worth on a bubble)

Clio 182
I do find it funny how confident some people seem to be in the current coins. On long enough timeline the value of the current coins could easily be zero.

(That's not aimed at anyone here in particular btw, just the general feels on the web is that you should bet your net worth on a bubble)

Its gambling really....
I went in with £400 few months back, with trading alt coins etc I have £4k now and took my original £400 out.
Id be annoyed if I lose it all, but never had it to start worth so for me its worth the risk.

Clio 182
I remember watching it crash last time the news came out around China, they dropped something terrible I was like 80% loss on LTC. Bounced back

Fingers crossed this time

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Its gambling really....
I went in with £400 few months back, with trading alt coins etc I have £4k now and took my original £400 out.
Id be annoyed if I lose it all, but never had it to start worth so for me its worth the risk.

I drunkenly bought some stuff on coinbase on Xmas Eve. Sold it last week as I found myself spending way too much time looking at my phone getting excited by green numbers and dreading red numbers.

Tempted to buy something now on the basis that today's probably not the day it dies though

Clio 182
I drunkenly bought some stuff on coinbase on Xmas Eve. Sold it last week as I found myself spending way too much time looking at my phone getting excited by green numbers and dreading red numbers.

Tempted to buy something now on the basis that today's probably not the day it dies though

Yeah I look daily at mine and since I started, so many green days and so many red days. You can see why people panic sell and it shows a big loss but it bounces just a quick. No where else you get the % gains you can on crypto. Works both ways you can lose just as much in the same period.

My LTC portfolio has been up and down so much, low as $30 dollars and high as $330 per coin

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
So whats the difference between market and limit?

Market being the average value and limit being the max/least someone has paid for a given coin?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yeah I look daily at mine and since I started, so many green days and so many red days. You can see why people panic sell and it shows a big loss but it bounces just a quick. No where else you get the % gains you can on crypto. Works both ways you can lose just as much in the same period.

My LTC portfolio has been up and down so much, low as $30 dollars and high as $330 per coin

It's fine saying that when you spend £400 in the first instance. But would you have behaved the same if it was £40,000....

Clio 182
It's fine saying that when you spend £400 in the first instance. But would you have behaved the same if it was £40,000....

Same with all my investments, stock market or crypto.
Only invest what I am willing to lose.

If I stuck 40k in to crypto, it would be because I would have the money and be willing to lose that amount, all works out the same in % form

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Asia still dominates in crypto-trading by volume, accounting for the vast majority of money flowing in and out. Guess what is coming up in 3 weeks? Lunar New Year. Lots of money is flowing back to fiat to buy presents and plane/train tickets.

People spend a TON of money on travel and presents during Lunar New Year. This is their Christmas. This is also the largest mass migration of people on the planet, occurring over two weeks. Projections are for $100 billion USD in spending. [https://www.forbes.com/sites/ywang/...on-begins-chinese-new-year-2017/#3a6d5502999a]

Remember that the crypto market is antithetical to the stock market. Stocks boom when business is booming during the holidays. Crypto investors are retail investors, not Wall Street investors. Retail investors sell during holidays, thus the crypto market falls.

This selloff has happened exactly 3 weeks before Lunar New Year each of the last 4 years.

Evidence: https://i.imgur.com/xKFssKT.jpg [credit: u/Secruoser]

So, everybody chill out for a week, the bulls will be back by February. You can't fault these Chinese and Korean bros for taking major gains to buy some cool s**t for their families. Hell, if you want to, buy up their cheap coins in the meantime.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I-want-to-believe_small_1024x1024.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Saying you're going to ban it and actually doing it in practise are different things though.

They could shut down exchanges based in South Korea, but they've got little power over foreign ones.
They could try and ban the exchange of crypto to Won (if thats possible?), but I'm sure some smart person would setup an exchange in Japan and Korean users could just go crypto->Yen->Won if they needed to.