ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein B14 Vs GAZ GHA

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Where do I order the b14s from Germany?

Use Google chrome and right click translate each page. Make sure you know your bolt spacing (60mm for trophy) below are the ones I got which are 54mm ones.
Absolutely top quality company and fast delivery.
mk-fahrwerkstechnik.de

BILSTEIN - B14 PSS Gewindefahrwerk für RENAULT CLIO II (BB0/1/2_, CB0/1/2_) 2.0 16V Sport (CB0M) / 47-087750
Menge: 1 | Art-Nr.: BB14.00302
Lieferzeit: Je nach Verfügbarkeit ca. 2-5 Werktage

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Use Google chrome and right click translate each page. Make sure you know your bolt spacing (60mm for trophy) below are the ones I got which are 54mm ones.
mk-fahrwerkstechnik.de

BILSTEIN - B14 PSS Gewindefahrwerk für RENAULT CLIO II (BB0/1/2_, CB0/1/2_) 2.0 16V Sport (CB0M) / 47-087750
ITs for one of my mates with a cup. thanks for the link and info :) cheers buddy

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
mk-fahrwerkstechnik.de

@steve f

20161013_205801.jpg

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Bump to this old one, but spec wise the Bilstein has stiffer springs than the basic spec GHA that is 275lbs/in front, and people say the billies are too soft for track use. I have the gha kit with the base spec and they could be a little stiff on the track but I imagine if they would be as stiff as the billies they'd be as I wanted them. However looking at that pic with the flame red clio leaning in that bend I wonder.. Are the bilies softer than they claim as I'm almost sure that my car doesn't lean as much on the gaz setup?

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
You are looking at the wrong axle :D
For a FWD car the rear roll centre is arguably more critical. The Bilstein uses a 275lb spring in the original location. The GAZ uses 300lb springs as a coilover which is almost double the effective spring rate.

PH2 172
Bump to this old one, but spec wise the Bilstein has stiffer springs than the basic spec GHA that is 275lbs/in front, and people say the billies are too soft for track use. I have the gha kit with the base spec and they could be a little stiff on the track but I imagine if they would be as stiff as the billies they'd be as I wanted them. However looking at that pic with the flame red clio leaning in that bend I wonder.. Are the bilies softer than they claim as I'm almost sure that my car doesn't lean as much on the gaz setup?

KamRacing supply GHA with 400lb front, 300lb rear as standard, a lot less roll than the standard springs, ride is still acceptable.

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...2-gaz-height-adjustable-gha-coilover-kit.html

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Yeah I know you can get stiffer springs for them, just a bit confused on how stiff the billies actually are, they're 90nm/mm (according to some sources) front which is about 400lbs/in (correct me if I'm wrong).
I'm thinking of the billies as my next coilover set so just want to make sure they are as stiff as they claim to be because 400 looks like what I'm looking for. If they're actually softer I might stay with GAZ or other brand that you can order custom spring rates and different valving (gaz can alter the valving on request also)
Bottom line I wann know how are they compared to the std spec GHA kit

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I know you can get stiffer springs for them, just a bit confused on how stiff the billies actually are, they're 90nm/mm (according to some sources) front which is about 400lbs/in (correct me if I'm wrong).
I'm thinking of the billies as my next coilover set so just want to make sure they are as stiff as they claim to be because 400 looks like what I'm looking for. If they're actually softer I might stay with GAZ or other brand that you can order custom spring rates and different valving (gaz can alter the valving on request also)
Bottom line I wann know how are they compared to the std spec GHA kit

Can't see the B14's being 9kg/90Nm front springs (which is 500lb by the way ?)

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
They dont claim to be stiff. I sell the Bilstein B14 as a fast road kit - thats in a nutshell what it is. The front springs are reasonably firm but its how this is in relation to the rear spring rate. As the rear is softer (and certainly significantly compared to GAZ) you have a car that is firmer than standard but still in keeping with the original chassis, it will understeer when it breaks away. That makes it more predictible in wet weather.
Talking of wet weather. The Bilstein has much better weather protection - again for the environment it was designed for.

Now it can then get a bit complicated if we start adding things like a rear ARB if you are trying to build that all-rounder jack of all trades setup.
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...torsport-rear-anti-roll-bar-renaultsport.html

We try and give a fair bit of advise as to what each kit is for on the website.
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...duct_category_sub=4326&product_car_model_new=

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
You are looking at the wrong axle :D
For a FWD car the rear roll centre is arguably more critical. The Bilstein uses a 275lb spring in the original location. The GAZ uses 300lb springs as a coilover which is almost double the effective spring rate.
Kev, I was comparing the fronts only, and it looks like the B14 are indeed stiffer than the 275lb gaz.
So it looks like the rear is much stiffer on the gaz (being coilovers instead of the classic beam setup)
Bottom line the Gaz is set to a softer front end and a stiffer rear and the B14 is the opposite, meaning the gaz setup is more "tail happy" I guess.
Do you sell the 400/300nm gaz springs separately? (In case I'll be thinking to stiffen it up a bit)

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Yeah I can sell springs separately. Off the top of my head they are about £35 each.

Ojc

Clio 220 Trophy, 172
Can you purchase the rear Gaz on their own? And have they solved the rattling they seem to produce?

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Can you purchase the rear Gaz on their own? And have they solved the rattling they seem to produce?
We do them
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...oilovers-all-renaultsport-2-0-16v-models.html

and for Golds
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...oilovers-all-renaultsport-2-0-16v-models.html

as for the rattling. Its not something we've had customers complaining on. Either theres no more issue or we are just great at steering customers to the right product. I doubt anyone on track is that bothered.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
KNOC KNOCK...

who's there?

gaz coilovers.

Lol. Even companies like AST recommend 12 month servicing for race suspension but who wants to do that :D You could buy Leda as they are not gas presurised!

Ojc

Clio 220 Trophy, 172
  clio RS 172
Currently looking on the market for some coilovers to replace my tired old struts. On CookSport springs at the moment but the standard strut have had it so car is a bit all over the place.

Seen that the B14s can be ordered from Germany at £480, compared to the GAZ ones that come in at around £580.

I like the GAZ ones as they now come with rear adjustable coilovers compared to the Bilsteins that are struts and springs.

Nobody can give me a true answer so I just want people's opinions and experiences on either. Don't really want to be paying £1000 for coilovers and it's not much more expensive than replacing the struts to OE.

Noticed that a lot of the GAZ parts are serviceable where the Bilsteins are not.

Thanks

where can you buy b14 for £480?