ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BHP Show Bank Holiday May 7th Lydden Hill 2018 (South East nr Dover)

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
One of my favourite shows of the year, and my favourite Track circuit
I am signing up for 4 track slots at £20 for 15mins if you book before April- very reasonable
A circuit very suited to small well powered Clios

We stay in a hotel the night before in the Dover area, and get to the show 7am ish to beat the queue's
Be great to meet up with any other club members either at the show, or meet up to drive in

http://bhpperformanceshow.com/

Now in its 10th year in the running, the annual event which is held at Lydden Hill race Circuit in Kent is a weekend out for all the family.

The event, held on Monday May 7th 2018, features childrens entertainment, food village, trade stands, static displays from Classic to modern machinery, and the highlight being the 9 hours of live ‘on track’ action including motorsport demonstrations and 5 hours of public track time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gus

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Will be booking next week. What group are you in?
I'll probably go intermediate.
Not booking track time till end of Feb myself. Am still debating whether to go novice or intermediate
The last track day i did there i went novice, and ended up passing most drivers .
The intermediate sessions only had 6 or so cars, and the advance had 3! So much so that at end of day they just made it open pit after a few had left

Quite happy to go intermediate, but tempted to go novice as at least there will be quite a few others on track (Adds a bit of spice)
Got a friend who going novice, but could persuade him i think

Not sure

Edit: More than likely intermediate

Last edited:
  clio 182
I'm always dubious to go novice at these sort of events as anyone can take their road car on track for £25. At least track day novice sessions are mainly track day enthusiasts who have an idea about etiquette and driving standards required. I'd rather have a safe, clearish track than trying to avoid being side swiped all day!!
Just booked intermediate so one Clio definitely on.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
I'm always dubious to go novice at these sort of events as anyone can take their road car on track for £25. At least track day novice sessions are mainly track day enthusiasts who have an idea about etiquette and driving standards required. I'd rather have a safe, clearish track than trying to avoid being side swiped all day!!
Just booked intermediate so one Clio definitely on.

Pretty much guess this is what i will do too.
How many sesh's you gong for- all 6?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Yep all six as I've got a few family wanting to jump in for a passenger ride. Just hope the weather is decent.

Took your lead and booked 6 intermediate today. Strange you can pay online, then have to send a paper details entry form off.
Wonder how they know which 6 sesh's to allocate, as I assume there much be more than 1 an hour , only 6 hours
Don't really want late ones, mind you weather may colour that view

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
I'm hoping to go down with the Kent cruising lot. Never been there before will look into track time

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Trying to get Track ready, me, at the moment
AD08rs being fitted to my lighter than standard wheels, then the 4 wheels fitted to the car. Now realised that as i want to remove the 20mm spacers with extended bolts, i had on for the winter, went to look for the OEM wheel bolts and think Ive thrown them away !!!! Doh!

New upgraded brake pads fitted, change of Dot5.1 brake fluid
Corbeau high sided seat to be fitted for next 6 months (Been in loft over winter as difficult to get in and out of)
Corbeau clubsport into passenger side
New 4 point full harness with latch and hasp release to install (like a standard seat belt)- got fed up trying to connect the quick release lever mechanism thing, just before going out on track. Sometimes took 5 minutes to get all 4 belt connectors into the central pivot lever clasp

Cant wait tho- lets hope for weather

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
You sound like me
Just bought oz f1
Driveshaft
Corbeau Clubsport Seats
Ds1.11Front and Ds2500 rear
Brembo Hc Discs
Racing Fluid
Cooksport Springs
Ordering solid top mounts, Cup shocks, 15" tyres and trying to find a shifter Cage and harnesses

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
I believe everyone pays entry plus track time costs standard show and track set up

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Yep. I paid £122.60 for track time and just paid £33.60 for 2 entry tickets.
Add £40 for a cheap hotel night before, and £80 for fuel (travel and track) and thats b4 a beer and any food

I love it tho...... Can't wait. Hope weather is fab on day
Still a few more small things on Clio to do, just done new mintex 1144 on front, rotors looked good enough, picking up oz F1 for a wet tyre Sunday, bgk44 in tank tomorrow, low profile lightweight jack purchased with central jacking slotted rubber.,

Hope the belts hold up, due 2 months later

Last edited:

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Here in Dover atm. Just setting off, weather looks grand. Wonder how long the queues will be? Par for the course on car shows ?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Where you Puddlejumper? Saw a trailered silver Clio. I am at the back of all the stalls, but not too far from the grid.

Ed: found you up the back. Nice to meet you, will try catch u in the next couple seshs but all those Mitsis and scoobys get in the way. Lol.

Last edited: