ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best products to decontaminate paintwork snd wheels?

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys n girls,

Looking for a decent wheel cleaner and paintwork cleaner for after trackdays to remove all the brake dust from the wheels so they dont start rusting and off the bodywork. Also marble Mark's from them being kicked up on track hitting the car.

What are you using?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Wd40 own brand degreaser. Just spray on a rag and wipe the crud off the alloy wheels.

Detailing nuts will go bat s**t mental at this but washing up liquid on the body work. Itll clean all the grime off no problem. Then dry it afterwards and make sure to put some protection like wax on the paint work afterwards. We've been washing the bikes / race bikes like this for years and never had issues.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Do you get scratches using the Wd40? I like things immaculate is all. If theres a chemical that lifts the ferrous off the wheels first I would prefer to do that. Just had them refurbished

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Do you get scratches using the Wd40? I like things immaculate is all. If theres a chemical that lifts the ferrous off the wheels first I would prefer to do that. Just had them refurbished

That WD40 stuff won't touch baked on brake dust. Trust me, IronX or Bilt Hamber Autowheel.

A decent ceramic coating on the wheels helps, but I've found the heat soon kills the coating even though they are high temp compatible.

Clio 182 Trophy
Wheels - iron x, auto finesse or bilt hamber
Bodywork - bilt hamber. Kerrosol I think it’s called. Just did my white transporter van with it & great results.
Hard to remove tar - autosmart tardis, for small specks of tar autoglym tar remover will do.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Is the bright red thing just a gimmick or does it actually react with the iron ?
Screenshot_20191007-213524_Chrome.jpg

CBR1000RR Fireblade

Wd-40 degreaser, Not actual wd40.

I've never had any scratches on anything doing this.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
That WD40 stuff won't touch baked on brake dust. Trust me, IronX or Bilt Hamber Autowheel.

Wd40 degreaser is the best thing I've come across at removing any sort of brake dust. It simply wipes off brake dust and grime when applied to a microfiber cloth, with out any damage to wheels of tyres. Dont get it on the rubber obviously.

I'll have a look and see if I can find some photos of my wheels I've done using this method.