ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best process to clean an old soft top?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Need to clean up a soft top that’s been sat under a tree and not moved for about 8 years. Blasted it off with the washer and here’s how it currently looks.

397A2305-2946-4656-B85A-7FC944E1A0CF.jpeg

What products, techniques should I use? Or is it irreparable?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I used the renovo products, Milton bleach solution kills the mould & spores.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
With just some APC and some grafting it’s come up better, I’ve ordered a AG kit as above so will let that dwell overnight and see how it comes out.

5BE5F727-AE7D-4F4B-A24D-BA7497978DB6.jpeg

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers dudes, it’s a really nice colour. The bonnet is ruined though from 8 years of bird shite. The new wheels from the first picture make a huge difference too.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Her husband died and she couldn’t part with it because he bought it her from new, so she left it to rust. Luckily she came round to her senses and let us take it off her to try and restore it. It’s only a 318i but with the M Sport package it looks OK, not driven it yet as we’ve had to sort the brakes, suspension and tyres but it ticks over well.