ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best place to buy from these days for tyres?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I need some 245/40/19, of high-mid to premium quality. Ideally something like Conti, Michellin or Pirelli, but I'm open to possibly Hankook or Vred or something of that ilk if the price is right.

Where is best to buy from these days?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a gander on eBay, and there are some Hankook Ventus Prime 2 for near £100 each, which is tempting, Camskill have got RainSport 3 for 100.95, but I've never been sure if they're overhyped.

I need some 245/40/19, of high-mid to premium quality. Ideally something like Conti, Michellin or Pirelli, but I'm open to possibly Hankook or Vred or something of that ilk if the price is right.

Where is best to buy from these days?

I’ve got a trade tyres account and I’m actually better off if I get prices by shopping around online! The trade discount is rubbish in comparison...

Unioyal Rainsport 3? A rated in wet, C rated for fuel efficiency... I can get them at £115 a tyre to your door... Priced better online
Conti’s Start at £140 for me on my trade account currently... priced better online
Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 A rated in wet, C rated fuel efficiency - £125 to you... better online
Michelin’s start at £149 for me... better online

It’s so stupid the way they work it all out!

P.S. Rainsport 3’s are fantastic... but make sure you’re buying them with the correct rating as they do two tyres... one with less efficiency on fuel and louder tyre

The Rainsport 3 is a fantastic tyre!

I’ve had them on the Superb and they were brilliant!
If you have a heavy car like my Superb, then you’ll get less mileage out of them than say a Clio would!

I’m currently on Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 2’s and again, great tyre but for the money, they didn’t last as long as expected.

I’m currently awaiting a set of Eagle F1’s AS2’s and I’ll report back once they’ve been on the car a couple of weeks.

I do a LOT of mileage each year as a taxi driver and I refuse to accept a budget tyre! So I’m always looking for a great tyre with a decent price. I now have access to SOME with decent prices but others are just better to buy elsewhere online

I love the Rainsports that much I’ve just bought 4 as a wet tyre on track ??