ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Mods.... 220 Trophy

Clio 220 Trophy
Hi all,

So I've had the trophy for a month now. I really want to see what mods are available and who's done what to theirs....
Im considering the following performance mods
De-cat, Air filter (not induction kit) and a re-map
I have contacted K-tec racing to see what they have to offer what can anyone suggest??

Also I'm half debating the cup spoiler and possibly a front splitter anyone know where i can source a front splitter ??

Any advice would be appreciated
Jon

2014 Clio 200t edc
Mid box delete on these makes the exhaust sound more like it should do, and relatively cheap/easy to get done.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
IMG_1160.JPG
The cup spoiler would be good but at about £1000 fitted etc it's expensive 😧 Perhaps do a Renaultsport trackday :smile: before doing anything. Have you changed your car setup ?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
All that needs right now is a new set of clean plates - just enjoy the thing.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If you have a track monitor, select car sport mode then on the screen, settings, car setup, change steering from n to s, throttle from normal to extreme. You will be surprised and forget about a remap :)

Clio 220 Trophy
If you have a track monitor, select car sport mode then on the screen, settings, car setup, change steering from n to s, throttle from normal to extreme. You will be surprised and forget about a remap :smile:
The one thing i don't have is the R.S Monitor, really starting to wish i had it installed :weary:.... i have heard that a few had it installed as an option even after factory but at a bit more of a cost than the option from new.... Not too sure how true this is but maybe worth an ask to renault :grin: i did have the official handbook in the car about the r.s monitor which is strange and a separate one for the radio system etc so not too sure if thats normal either.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I would still consider a Renaultsport trackday with some tuition before you enhance your Trophy with a modification from ktec :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
I looked into have the RS Monitor retrofitted at Renault and its not possible
You'd of thought that as the screen/stereo set up is the same (as long as you have lux pack) then it would be possible. After all I imagine most if not all of the sensors are already there and running, the rs monitor just displays the data normally only sent to the ecu. (But I'm thick so...)

RS280EDC
But having the Trophy you may have the wiring already if your lucky. But are you enjoying the car as is get it on track were are you based

Clio 220 Trophy
I would still consider a Renaultsport trackday with some tuition before you enhance your Trophy with a modification from ktec :smile:
I think a track day will be a good opportunity to see what the car is capable of before modifications i agree :up:

Clio 220 Trophy
But having the Trophy you may have the wiring already if your lucky. But are you enjoying the car as is get it on track were are you based
I may visit my dealer where i purchased from see if i can get the low down on this, I've seen on the megane forum someone has had it installed on their megane 265 after a few months on ownership. I think there is a possibility of having it done but maybe dealers don't want the hassle of doing so

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I presume you took it to your local renault dealer? What did they say when you enquired?

I did yes, they spoke to the technicians and others and said that if it's not ticked on the options from new then it doesn't have the loom and software. The costs involved to then retrofit becomes too much.

Clio 220 Trophy
I did yes, they spoke to the technicians and others and said that if it's not ticked on the options from new then it doesn't have the loom and software. The costs involved to then retrofit becomes too much.
But they said it is possible to retrofit if you paid for the work to be done? Did they mention any rough costs??

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Old thread but thought I would reply. I. Currently have a midbox chop and grams lowering springs at the moment. Next for me is induciton kit

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
But they said it is possible to retrofit if you paid for the work to be done? Did they mention any rough costs??
RS Monitor can now be done by a company called Stage X, apparently its all software based unlike what I was led to believe by what Renault had told me

Reactions: Ojc

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Old thread but thought I would reply. I. Currently have a midbox chop and grams lowering springs at the moment. Next for me is induciton kit
You have the pre facelift? The 220 exhaust system is different.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I thought about a remap but a bit worried about the temperatures, mine gets HOT in the summer I can only imagine what it would be like with more boost and an intercooler blocking the radiator!

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
i just got grams springs fitted with a mid box chop. best 250 iv spent. defo worth it.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I thought about a remap but a bit worried about the temperatures, mine gets HOT in the summer I can only imagine what it would be like with more boost and an intercooler blocking the radiator!
The Pro Alloy radiator sorts the cooling out if you go FMIC. To be honest with my FMIC the temps did go up but not to obscene levels, you could do a few laps then back off for a lap. The temps dropped fairly quick, it's more the guys living in the far east and Australia that see crazy hot weather for months on end when mapped.