ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best bulbs?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
My headlights are terrible. They're all polished up so it's not the yellowing that's the issue. Believe it currently has the standard osram bulbs but they just don't seem good at all?

Doesn't help the headlight alignment is out but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for some good bulbs?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Philips crystal vision & sidelights ring 501 that Craig is selling on here perfect match he also doing headlight bulbs too great guy to deal with too.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Philips crystal vision & sidelights ring 501 that Craig is selling on here perfect match he also doing headlight bulbs too great guy to deal with too.
Are these better than the Osram bulbs? I just want something that is bright so I can actually see 10 metres in front of me

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
As Dave said I've got a little selection of bulbs. The osram nightbreakers are really good imo. Have you not got xenons @Louis

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Are these better than the Osram bulbs? I just want something that is bright so I can actually see 10 metres in front of me

Not used the latest osram bulbs but have heard they are very good just don't buy any cheap s**t non branded h7s off eBay.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
The ring d2s are a nice crisp bright white. I've got them in my BMW. The osram d2s xenarc nightbreakers are 4300k but do shine further. They have a yellow tinge to them.

PIAA Xtreme White Plus get my vote - I'm not sure what sizes you need but the PIAA kit has always lasted for ages for me while also being much brighter than standard bulbs (or lamps, to be technically correct :p ). They're not cheap, but the quality seems to be there - just make sure you buy from Amazon or a retailer with a reputation, as there's a lot of fakes out there.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I've gone for the ring d2s 5500k that Craig was selling. Can't wait to fit them! Need to sort out my headlight alignment, can you DIY it or is it better going to a garage?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
PIAA Xtreme White Plus get my vote - I'm not sure what sizes you need but the PIAA kit has always lasted for ages for me while also being much brighter than standard bulbs (or lamps, to be technically correct :p ). They're not cheap, but the quality seems to be there - just make sure you buy from Amazon or a retailer with a reputation, as there's a lot of fakes out there.

PIAA are good bulbs but never worth the extra cash imo.

I've gone for the ring d2s 5500k that Craig was selling. Can't wait to fit them! Need to sort out my headlight alignment, can you DIY it or is it better going to a garage?
The MOT guidelines / tester info includes details on the alignment - me, I just set them horizontal then drop them down a bit. lol

This should help!

https://mattersoftesting.blog.gov.uk/the-mot-headlamp-aim-test-is-changing/

Possibly also of use:
https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=967086
http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/repository/Headlight Aim.pdf