ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Baby monitors and other baby stuff

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
This is what we have (different design) Everything works together.
Isofix base stays in the car. The car seat fixes to the pram if you need it (we might use it if she's asleep and were just nipping to a shop)

Not sure if they do a system for twins though.

Thanks very much for this info Aaron, I'll take a look mate nice one. [emoji106]

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Hey guys

My fiancee and I are expecting twins in August, probably earlier as they're likely to be born premature.

I've read through all 5 pages of this thread and it's brilliant, I've taken some really useful information from the posts. I'm currently researching the main things we need to get such as pushchair and baby car seats etc, from what I've read so far it's probably more cost effective to buy a pushchair that comes with a travel system.

I'm a little confused about it all I have to be honest. If we find a pram we like that comes with a travel system, does that include the car seat and isofix adaptor too or do these need to be bought seperately? The seats will be going into a Huyndai IX35 or a Nissan Quashqai both of which have Isofix rear seats. Is anyone able to kindly clear things up for me a little please?

Many thanks.

We’re due in August too, luckily only one though!! He’s our first too.

Ignore the wife, wasn’t allowed to upload the pic with her in it lol 😂
6D740B78-F32A-4645-9C64-281911EA3665.jpeg
0F482238-B4BF-4E99-85C2-4CBB9CF0888B.jpeg
E537ED95-C50C-4C4A-A4D4-8B02E4190239.jpeg

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
We’re due in August too, luckily only one though!! He’s our first too.

Ignore the wife, wasn’t allowed to upload the pic with her in it lol [emoji23]View attachment 1537489View attachment 1537490View attachment 1537491
Congratulations mate! Exciting times for us both.

Many thanks for photos, we're still undecided on the travel system but we're still doing some research into it at the moment.

We're thinking about possibly going for a 360 seat, one which lasts up to small toddler age as it should be better value for money.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Congratulations mate! Exciting times for us both.

Many thanks for photos, we're still undecided on the travel system but we're still doing some research into it at the moment.

We're thinking about possibly going for a 360 seat, one which lasts up to small toddler age as it should be better value for money.

And to you! Yes we went with the swivel seat that also goes on the pram. It’s a Cybex Cloud Z iSize. The seat is good for 18 months (depending on baby size) but the isofix base is good for up to 4 years old (just need the size up on the car seat).

Ours is from John Lewis. Base was £199 and seat £239. It’s not too heavy (my wife can lift it no issue despite being 6 months gone). It also has a lie flat feature so they can stay in it longer than a standard sit up seat, which is pretty cool.

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
Main thing is if you do a lot of walking buy a decent pushchair / Pram. We went for a bugaboo and it’s been OK, we’re on our third set of wheels / bearings but have literally clocked over 1000 miles in 18 months.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
When you buy kit for 'upto 18 months' so it might last a while, you can be sure your child is one of the freakishly large things that looks like it's ready to start school before it's even out of nappys.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
We've got the Bugaboo Fox 2 Pram/Pushchair

Maxi-Cosi Mica 2 car seat.

No idea if they're any good as I left it to the wife to decide I just had an input on colours.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Off buggy shopping Friday! Worked out it’s costing me a pair of bucket seats and a PMS shifter. f**king kids
We went to Winstanleys in Wigan to look at some last week. Hands down the best customer service I've experienced anywhere, the girl helping us was brilliant and so helpful. Can't recommend them enough.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm glad we didn't spend a lot of money on a fancy Moses basket.. Naomi outgrew hers in ~6-7 weeks (world's longest child)

Sleeps (and naps) in a small cot in our room, and we'll turf her out into the big cot in the nursery when she's 6 months old

Reactions: Ben

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
We managed to get 6 months out of our Shnuggle Moses basket before sticking him in his own room in his big cot.

Only just though as he’s another long baby, had our yearly review today and when they measured his height he was way up there.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Baby #3 is due anytime and I’m absolutely shitting it. I’m curious about all the Covid protocols on the wards and stuff, to those people who’ve been there recently what’s it like?

Last edited:

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Was absolutely fine mate, Isla is now 2 months old and other than having to take a lateral
Flow test every 2 days leading up, it was super easy. Nothing to worry about. The worse part of the whole process is getting a health visitor and mid wife to do the follow on checks. The are all so frightfully understaffed. But this was our third, so old hands at the ‘rodeo’

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Wife had a c-section recently. I wasn't allowed on the ward. Could only be with her once she went down to surgery. Then could only stay until 5 (out of surgery at half 3), or get booted out straight away and come back at six. Chose the stay til five as didnt particularly want to leave her on her own straight after the birth.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Baby #3 is due anytime and I’m absolutely shitting it. I’m curious about all the Covid protocols on the wards and stuff, to those people who’ve been there recently what’s it like?

Oscar is a month old on Thursday, so we’re recent. I was allowed to be with the wife the whole way through.

We started in the low risk area (big bath, fairy lights, comfy bed etc) but eventually ended up in the more hospitally room. I was even allowed in theatre too.

I wasn’t allowed on the ward outside of visiting hours. But our hospital had 24/7 visiting for the baby for both parents (he spent a while in ICU).

We had to Covid test once per week whilst visiting in ICU/HDU and special care. Masks at all times.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
100% will be, it's the way of the world.

If you end up with two perfect kids you should be suspicious what exactly is going on.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Baby No. 2 due end of next month for us, Can't bloody wait! Our first born (Rosalind) is 3 in December and brings us so much happiness, I hope the next one isn't a little s**t

Our first is a little s**t, and the second a diamond lol. We're glad it was this way round... good luck :LOL:

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
And I can’t believe I started this thread at the end of 2017 waiting for baby #1 to arrive and we’ve now got 3 of the little monkeys 😂

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Congrats. Our third has been here for over two weeks now. 6, 3 and new born now. Other than a few bad nights, the only real change has been certain periods during the day are a little more hectic. And I'm having to try and chill out when attempting to leave the house as a family. Hopefully it remains like this!

BMW bus
11 days overdue for baby no.2 for us. We’ve tried hot curries, long walks, pineapple and hot baths. Apparently I’m gonna have to have sex with a massively pregnant woman later today, pray for me please everyone🙏🏻

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
529AAAEE-54DE-483C-9A31-3CE55B085FA2.jpeg
EF366ED7-D216-4785-97C1-9926B111CE1F.jpeg
25ACC2C8-8A06-40A5-97B1-92DA8704B47A.jpeg
A7C4D969-01F9-4024-9832-35BD09B906E3.jpeg

7 months old today! Has the best ‘resting b**ch face’ which absolutely glows when she smiles. Having a child in my 40’s is the best ever surprise! I just appreciate time so much more and time spent with her, that I just didn’t with my first too! She has two teeth through now and is a whirlwind of a little girl, so much personality

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
My daughter just turned 3 and my son is fast approaching 6. Pair of little maniacs far from the little babies they once were.

20220130_124938(0).jpg

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
We bought the Angelcare Movement & Sound Baby Monitor AC401, it was really good and the breathing monitor was mega, I didn’t think it’s work but it’s super sensitive.

If I can find it all I’m happy for someone to have it on the cheap. Well worth the money though.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is about to turn 11 months old. No pictures of her on social media at all so no picture update!

It's mental how far she's come from the potato she started out as. Crawling around now and trying to climb up stuff. Little monster. Ridiculous mop on her too.

She's also the same height as her cousin who is 6 months older. Her cousin has midgets for parents though