ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux belt and tensioner

Mégane F1 & clio172
Any one with practical experience of this would be magic
Brand new aux belt and tensioner genuine parts fitted last week. What have I done wrong?
Belt is routed correctly as far as I know
Could the bolts on the spring be too tight? Thanks in adVance
Benji

Attachments

• IMG_20190711_175417.jpg
    IMG_20190711_175417.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_20190711_175403.jpg
    IMG_20190711_175403.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 355
  Mégane F1 & clio172
No good guys. There just isn't enough slack in the belt. It's the belt from the kit I got from Renault parts direct. It's like the belt is too small. Any ideas or advice I'd definitely welcome

Mégane F1 & clio172
I have a 1660 belt that I have just got from euros to throw on until a new genuine one arrives but it's continental and looks quite thick. Ideally a slightly longer one would be great lol

182 clio
I have a 1660 belt that I have just got from euros to throw on until a new genuine one arrives but it's continental and looks quite thick. Ideally a slightly longer one would be great lol
that's the same one fitted to mines ?
Works a treat no issues

182 clio
What u have a conti belt?
And yea the Renault one was a b**ch to get on
yeah conti belt fitted to my 182.
when I do the aux belt on these I leave hex on idler slightly slack. Same with Torx on tensioner spring. Then my home made tool for idler which is a cut 3/8ths extention bar held with a set of mole grips I adjust idler towards headlight and it should be tensioned.
torque all above rebuild jobs a good yin ?

Mégane F1 & clio172
I will let you know how I get on this eve but something can't be right so if I can even manage 1mm clearance I got another belt today that is 6pk 1669 so if I can't get the conti belt on then the longer one will fit and give clearance

182 clio
?mate.
my home made tool is a life saver as you won't need to take it all apart to put belt on.
Cut the old belt off.
slacken Torx and hex slightly.
Use tool and leaver towards headlight.
then feed belt round everything leaving the alt pulley till last.
Before fitting belt round alt pulley use the tool to leaver back to bulkhead this allows you to slip belt over alt pulley release tool and it should just tension on its own torque everything up that's it should look similar to mines.

Mégane F1 & clio172
That looks better 1670belt hope it's all ok now

Attachments

• IMG_20190713_151920.jpg
    IMG_20190713_151920.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 299
  Mégane F1 & clio172
Just got the front back together will test on the ground but should be ok as there still plenty in the tensioner

Mégane F1 & clio172
Cheers for ya help mate been long time since I've played with cars and been on a forum
Glad to see that some are still what they should be!