ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto lights Re-calibrate

OCD_Eng

ClioSport Club Member
  2004 Clio 182 FF
Is there any way to re-cal the amount of outside light required to turn on auto headlights?

lights turned themselves off this morning in heavy rain+spray at 70mph. slightly dangerous if I hadn't noticed.

You could always turn off Auto lights and operate them yourself, unless you think your car is more intelligent than you and should therefore be doing these things for you ;) :p

The fact that everyone has auto-everything nowadays annoys me, as it means I'm blinded at early dusk by excessively bright LED dipped beams, whereas all one needs is sidelights because one can still actually see where one is going without dipped beam!

[/Victor Meldrew]

OCD_Eng

ClioSport Club Member
  2004 Clio 182 FF
Thanks guys (or girls).

I don't want to seem lazy, its just what's the point in having an auto system when you have to turn it on and off anyway. If there was a simple way to reset it to the light level I want it would be useful.
(before anyone says it, i know i can turn the auto off)

Agreed with the super bright lights at dusk. feels like modern cars could easily point down at the road when daylight is so-so and achieve the same effect of being visible

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just have them on all the time. They see me rollin, xenons blazin

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
I generally have my headlights on dip beam at all times. The amount of arsehole drivers around my area that don’t pay attention, every little helps to help them see me. I just carried it over from riding bikes for years