ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Austin’s Clio dci 100 Initiale

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
It's a double unicorn! Awesome, I tried to buy one of these, a dci100 too, but red, off a boy at the mot station when it had failed it's mot. I think he was intimidated by me because of how excited I was over it. Think he thought I was taking the piss out him

Haha! Its a clio enthusiast thing... If i tell someone its rare they just look at me confused and i can see they are just thinking its a 15 year old Clio, what are you talking about!?!? Which tbf is true, but it is cool to have one and know how rare they are.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah agreed, nice to have something that blends in but you know is a little special. Watch for superchips doing no vat sale on a bluefin for it, transforms the mid range performance on them

oh man I'm so envious !!!
100hp initiale, in the best color imho, and if that's not enough... for £200 !!! Makes my £360 purchase seem like a rip off ! Mine is also a Cat C.. I definitely got ripped off !

Top buy man, you've got the best spec ever being a phase 3 with electric rear windows.. the only bad bit is that it's a JR5 so no widetrack unless you go crazy with driveshafts.. but who wants to do that !?

Will follow the build ;)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
oh man I'm so envious !!!
100hp initiale, in the best color imho, and if that's not enough... for £200 !!! Makes my £360 purchase seem like a rip off ! Mine is also a Cat C.. I definitely got ripped off !

Top buy man, you've got the best spec ever being a phase 3 with electric rear windows.. the only bad bit is that it's a JR5 so no widetrack unless you go crazy with driveshafts.. but who wants to do that !?

Will follow the build ;)

Thanks Diego,

I read theough your whole thread again last night as its such a good read! I look forward to more of your updates! You still have a bargain in my eyes!

Ah right, i didnt realise you wouldnt be able to do that with it being the JR5 box, although in honesty it isnt something i would ever do anyway. I have to admit it feels strange driving when im so used to the normal mk2 box.

Interesting that this comes with the rear discs as standard and your 80 version didnt. I googled the specs and it was only the 100 or the 1.6 petrol Initiale that came with rear discs as standard.

The rear electric windows are quite cool! They are fully working now too, along with the driver front.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
If I was going widetrack I'd convert over to a jc5, it's a nicer box to use imo with better suited ratios but a bit of work moving back over to the gear linkage and cable clutch

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Im desperate to give the Initiale a good clean, but the weather is putting me off. The interior is filthy, the carpet needs a wet vac but will have to wait until we have warmer weather or it wount dry out. At the minute im focussing on mechanically getting the car sound. I need 2 front tyres, and although I would never buy part worns, im considering it as I want to keep the cost as low as possible at the minute. (Part of the £200 bargain fun im having).

In the meantime, I remember years ago reading about a shaver type devise that takes the bobbles off the 1*2 seats. I had a quick search on here, and managed to get one in the local asda store. It has already inproved the seats 100%, so when I actually clean them im sure they will look great!
FEED57A7-1485-4751-ACA7-0CEF546B35A8.jpeg

9C4B3D82-7591-4E75-8950-3118AE18C52C.jpeg

EE767FC5-2EF2-4093-900C-DCF8D03BBE78.jpeg

304C9E03-F4D0-49F3-83D0-2A4E297DFB9F.jpeg

D1C1F9C1-C1CA-4B2A-82D5-62C0434D718D.jpeg

6DA8C023-7FC2-43DD-9070-AAD33E42F18F.jpeg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
If I was going widetrack I'd convert over to a jc5, it's a nicer box to use imo with better suited ratios but a bit of work moving back over to the gear linkage and cable clutch
JR5 is a bigger and stronger box than the JC5 and it wouldn't bolt up to a K9K724, plus the shifter is cable and theres no chance of a w**k circling popping out like the JC5129. I just put spacers on my 100 which was easier[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Personally Austin I'd go for good part worns off eBay. Buy from trusted sellers and you can get proper bargains for nice branded tires.
I spent around 100 for 4 summer goodyears and 80 for some continental winters. I do have the advantage of being able to do the work myself but I still think it's the way to go if you know how to shop around.
I'd rather have a part worn Michelin or continental than a brand new hifly, rotalla thing..

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Personally Austin I'd go for good part worns off eBay. Buy from trusted sellers and you can get proper bargains for nice branded tires.
I spent around 100 for 4 summer goodyears and 80 for some continental winters. I do have the advantage of being able to do the work myself but I still think it's the way to go if you know how to shop around.
I'd rather have a part worn Michelin or continental than a brand new hifly, rotalla thing..
This

If you buy part worn make sure they're not massively old or below 5mm. I used to get ContiSportContact2 for £25 a tyre from my local and they were amazing, especially for the price[emoji23]

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
For tyres, I’m assuming you’re going to swap to 195/50/15’s as they’re about half the price of 185/55’s?

If you do, there is a VERY good seller of 195/50/15 Michelin pilot sports. He does 20 minutes of time trials on brand new ones and then sells them for £80 for a set of four with about 6mm of tread. He’s always got loads.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Good thread this, but you’re hurting my feelings with the whole trying to keep it a super bargain thing.

You got a bargain, spend the money to get it right and it’ll be a great car! Like the locks for example.

I want to drive one of these and see what the fuss is about.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I agree with that mate. I have never bought part worns before, and only ever put premium tyres on our cars. I think whats putting me off getting new and decent is not being 100% the car isnt going to have problems. If im honest, its the whole key / lock situation that scares me a little bit.

Have you kept the standard 185 55 15 size?

Oh and I agree, it is so much easier if you have access to a machine. I dont have that so its a minimum of £10 extra for each tyre change.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
For tyres, I’m assuming you’re going to swap to 195/50/15’s as they’re about half the price of 185/55’s?

If you do, there is a VERY good seller of 195/50/15 Michelin pilot sports. He does 20 minutes of time trials on brand new ones and then sells them for £80 for a set of four with about 6mm of tread. He’s always got loads.

I didnt plan on it mate. Whats the situation with doing that? Is it fine, and safe to change what they are meant to be?

I have been told the current 185 55 15 is a strange size, but this is correct for the wheel.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
As for the carpets I'd go for brand new ones, you can get expression carpets which are black, brand new genuine for less than £30 iirc.
Thats good to know! I had no idea they would be available new and for such a good price. Not sure what a black carpet would look like against the light seats etc...

Do you know the part number?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
JR5 is a bigger and stronger box than the JC5 and it wouldn't bolt up to a K9K724, plus the shifter is cable and theres no chance of a w**k circling popping out like the JC5129. I just put spacers on my 100 which was easier[emoji23]

I'd just use dci80 bottom end, I don't rate the jr5 always felt it ruined the dci100 that's why I preferred my 80. A Jc5 with 4th engine mount is perfect imo

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Im desperate to give the Initiale a good clean, but the weather is putting me off. The interior is filthy, the carpet needs a wet vac but will have to wait until we have warmer weather or it wount dry out. At the minute im focussing on mechanically getting the car sound. I need 2 front tyres, and although I would never buy part worns, im considering it as I want to keep the cost as low as possible at the minute. (Part of the £200 bargain fun im having).

In the meantime, I remember years ago reading about a shaver type devise that takes the bobbles off the 1*2 seats. I had a quick search on here, and managed to get one in the local asda store. It has already inproved the seats 100%, so when I actually clean them im sure they will look great!

View attachment 1405324
That turned out lovely! Good job

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Good thread this, but you’re hurting my feelings with the whole trying to keep it a super bargain thing.

You got a bargain, spend the money to get it right and it’ll be a great car! Like the locks for example.

I want to drive one of these and see what the fuss is about.

Lol i know what your saying mate. If im honest, and as mentioned above, the lock situation is what worries me the most. Im guessing its the key but then i could get a new one made up and the issue could still be there. If I could be certain it was just the key, then i would be happy to get a new one made up and change just the barrel, door lock and fuel cap, and seap the new blades into my own key and chip. And that is slightly putting me off rushing to get the cambelt done as i think that will be at least £350.

Where about are you Austin ?

You can get expression carpets on eBay or on RPD, got mines from there, as I said about £30.

I'd rather have them black, light colored stuff always shows the dirt more easily.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I'd just use dci80 bottom end, I don't rate the jr5 always felt it ruined the dci100 that's why I preferred my 80. A Jc5 with 4th engine mount is perfect imo
100 bottom end is better, I preferred the JR5 to the JC5 just because the sport shifter is a sloppy mess[emoji23]

Dont ever try a dCi with a solid dog bone, I made that mistake lol!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
100 bottom end is better, I preferred the JR5 to the JC5 just because the sport shifter is a sloppy mess[emoji23]

Dont ever try a dCi with a solid dog bone, I made that mistake lol!

I have a brand new genuine dogbone to go on but do you think it will fit with this having the JR5 box? I just got the standard clio / kangoo mk2 dogone.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Where about are you Austin ?

You can get expression carpets on eBay or on RPD, got mines from there, as I said about £30.

I'd rather have them black, light colored stuff always shows the dirt more easily.

Im in Durham, right up in the North East.

So do you have black carpets in yours? If so do you have any pics so i can see what it looks like? Sure i didnt see any in your thread. You are right, light colour really shows the dirt! These carpets look brown ?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Moving to 195/50 is the correct thing to do, perfectly safe and just better

Just had a quick look online and there is a load of options. Even the premium are only around £50 each so makes sense! That means i need 4 now though ha ha!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Need some advice on the key situation...

I have just spoke to an auto electrition mobile key guy in my area. He said he can do me a new key cut and coded for £80 each (£70 if I buy 2, which i need as i need one for my 182 also). Anyway, he also said if i supply my own key he will cut and code it for £35-£40. So, does anyone know where I can get a good quality blank key or am I best just paying the £70 and he does it all?

I told him about the red flashing light and he agreed it is normally due to the key not being picked up. He did say he would be able to run a test to confirm this but would still need to charge a call out fee. However, he will do it when he comes to do me a 182 key.

So even if it is the key and i get a new one made up, i will still have to change the barrel / locks over which tbh will be the preferred option to having to change the uch/ecu also.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry, I'm an immigrant lol

Diego, i did a night course at college a few years back to learn italian but lost it all as i had no one to speak to lol! You can now become my Italian friend and i can try to learn the language again!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I would just get another key programmed to current uch, to save any programming issues. Should be able to pick up another lock set for next to nowt, fit blade into key. If you need another blade cutting they are next to nowt.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I would just get another key programmed to current uch, to save any programming issues. Should be able to pick up another lock set for next to nowt, fit blade into key. If you need another blade cutting they are next to nowt.

What if its not the key though mate and its a uch/ecu problem? I would then have to buy a full set of everything and relace wouldnt i?

This is what i mean. If i could gaurantee the problem is sinply that the 1 key I have is at fault, then i will get a new key programmed and then just get a new barrel / lock and relace the blades to match the new ignition.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
As said

I've got a 100 key set here[emoji23] Might need a bit of tinkering with the UCH in CLIP as yours is a 5 door and this one didn't have electric sunroof or door lights. I doubt that the lights and sunroof would be connected but the rear doors might not lock

Either way if you want the keys and UCH you're welcome to them

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Quick update, took me 20 minutes to do...
Headlights - they were the standard mess they all seem to go. I have done a headlight correction a couple times before on other clios so knew what i was doing and had the kit in the garage. The kit used was £7 from ebay ages ago and simply consists of 3 different grades of sand paper and and some compound. I did the sanding by hand and used a cheap polish pad on my drill to polish them up. I do have a da but have not yet used it. I will be testing it out at some point on the dci though.
520B950F-0748-4D2C-88B0-ED54C32D127E.jpeg

2D2D63F3-82F0-4C8E-963D-50BAD35863CE.jpeg

32B6115B-B637-4F53-8636-022811014F94.jpeg

9FD08431-76FB-427E-9A7F-4687634D0B97.jpeg

5B6A9FA4-7375-476D-B1B8-C671CDAA848A.jpeg

87103847-0408-4A1D-809B-18A9C5CE1EB4.jpeg

766D1D5F-63A3-4CEE-942E-B2415F1AF212.jpeg

B2C48C67-344A-4C06-8719-196E981E5828.jpeg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
What if its not the key though mate and its a uch/ecu problem? I would then have to buy a full set of everything and relace wouldnt i?

This is what i mean. If i could gaurantee the problem is sinply that the 1 key I have is at fault, then i will get a new key programmed and then just get a new barrel / lock and relace the blades to match the new ignition.

It will be the key mate, especially if you have messed about with the chip and its working better.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Uch isn't as big an issue as people make out either these days, my mate had one fail, found someone online who repairs them, sent it away a few days later if was back, refurbished and working perfectly

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Early Sunday morning start to do the dogbone mount. It really was easy peasy to do! The judder when pulling away / letting off the accelerator and back on has now gone so it was a job worth doing. The old mount was massively deteriorated so was probably the original one!
CF9A18B7-1E7F-4B64-A281-CE36B22A744A.jpeg

33EDEF4A-7CA1-4C0C-8E3F-CD608E4075D1.jpeg

F41FC507-7D7D-430C-98C6-90EBC5C2E11D.jpeg

72A2500F-3755-4879-BED2-90E8C527DF93.jpeg

01208B16-0516-41EE-8BB7-B75EA5243E21.jpeg

2B57114C-53C3-4F02-8928-CFDD7474DAFA.jpeg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Brave man jacking up on the sill lip haha, use the 2” box section that is a bit furthur behind mate, miles better. New oem dogbone makes a massive difference on the diesels, mine was totally knackered when i got it too. I briefly tried a poly version which was awful the whole dash vibrated on idle, never again on a diesel ?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Pleased to read that your killed the judder with the new dogbone. I fitted the same exact part and it did nothing :(
Maybe its another mount that needs to be replaced also?
Mine was really bad so I knew it had to make a difference.
6BF7E06F-B3E3-4DCC-8B9A-3ECE625001F2.jpeg