ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ariving at FCS

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
now that i've decided to make my way to this show this weekend ive purchesed some last min tickets and stand passes now is there a time limit for gettingt onto the stand as to be quite honest i dont want to be making a trim to rockingham at 5 in the morning id rather set off at about 7, half 7 round about that time.

many thanks Mike

Bumder With A Buffer
Nik said:
csfcslogo.gif

Dear ClioSport Member,

As most of you will know, the French Car Show is now less than a week away and we look forward to seeing you there for what looks like being the best FCS yet!

If you haven't already booked your ticket, there is still one last chance to do so, and join over 200 fellow members cars on the ClioSport stand. Advance bookings (required to access the club stand) are available until midnight Tuesday 9th June from http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/shop

For those of you who are attending, here are some final important details that we'd like you to be aware of to help the day run as smoothly as possible for everyone.

Cliosport Stand Pass

Please could you all take time to follow the link below which will automatically create a Membership Pass for use at the French Car Show.

http://www.cliosport.net/index.php?page=pass

This pass will enable us yo know who you are and which member a particular car belongs to. This is particularly important if you wish to be considered for any of the FCS Awards we have up for grabs this year and without this pass we will not be able to identify you for a prize.

Simply print out the page and display in your front window when on the Club stand. Exact size and colour of print out doesn't matter, just as long as it is readable.

Parade Lap

Some members will be participating in a parade lap in memory of member Dan Bayes (Iridium). The parade lap will be around the full banked oval circuit, at a slow steady pace. No racing or overtaking is allowed please - this is not a track session.

There is a limit of 120 people for the parade lap (this includes passengers) and members must add themselves to the list here in advance. Each person wishing to take part will need see a member of the admin team in the CS marquee to sign a form and collect a pass. Anyone without a pass or signed form will not be allowed on the track for the parade lap. Names will be checked against the above list when passes are handed out, so only those with their names on the list will be eligable.

Track Time

Unlike previous years, FCS have handled track time bookings this year. You will have been supplied information on your track time slots, and briefings with your track pack / tickets.

Please ensure you leave plenty of time to attend a briefing session before your track session, and take great care when driving to and from the ClioSport stand and your track session during the day.

Dont forget your helmets, driving licenses etc!

Timetable

The full FCS timetable of events can be seen here

Times to note for ClioSport specifically are:

07.30 - Gates open to club members
You will be directed on entry to the ClioSport stand which is Section 18. The admin team will be there in advance, so look for the ClioSport tent.

13.45 - Parade Lap in memory of Dan Bayes (Iridium)
Please be back on the club stand and in your car well in advance of this time (13.00) as we will be awaiting the organisers request and time may vary.

17.00 - Event Closes

Directions

For directions to the show, please visit the official FCS Directions page.

Conduct

Members have always done the club proud in this respect, and we dont expect that to change.

As with any event or meet, please read and observe to the ClioSport Driving Attendance Disclaimer.

Please remember you are representing the club on a national level, in front of other car clubs and paying members of the general public. Please act and drive responsibly at all times. ClioSport has an extremely good reputation and relationship with the events organisers, and we reserve the right to revoke the membership of anyone seen to do anything that might harm this.

FAQ's

For other frequently asked questions regarding the show, please visit the official FCS FAQ page.

Questions?

If you have any other general show questions then please use the contact form on the FCS site.

If you have club specific FCS questions then please PM a member of the ClioSport Admin Team through the forum.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and we look forward to seeing you there.

All the best,

ClioSport Admin

This is what Nik Pm'd out to us a few days ago...anytime after 7.30 and before 9 I reckon should be fine??

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Last year you had to be on the stands before the gates opened to the public IIRC. I'll ask Nik/Admin to let me/you guys know.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Aye. I'm sure you could leave and come back in tho?! So on that basis you'd think you could come in later?! :S

I'd prefer a later start also!

Mini Cooper S sport
OR have a nice early night on Saturday so you can be up bright and early on Sunday.

Or not.

According to the Meganesport info I have to be there by 0830, so it just depends which stand lets me on hehe.

ITB'd 182...
7.30 - 9.00 as far as i know

Would be best to have everyone in before 9 as it opens to the public then and driving in and out while people/kids are walking about will be a nightmare!

hI folks

been real busy the last week

It is preferred you get in BEFORE 0900. I won't stop you coming in later.

Parking is a club responsibility, the club is allocated 16m2 per car which is plenty room but as you have 200 cars it will need some thought.

Mark

MArk

Then theres no guarantee you'll get on the stand.

There should be room but 99% of people will be on the stand before 9.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Lol, i mind TRAX a few yrs bak we were all excited...there for about 7 something. Bored by 10, left by 12! ha!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Then theres no guarantee you'll get on the stand.

There should be room but 99% of people will be on the stand before 9.

But if peeps have passes ypu must have a rough idea the numbers attending etc?

We do but we won't sit there and count them and check them off.

If a few cars take up too much room, then that might squeeze a couple out but they won't think it matters because no more are coming.

Organising 200 cars is a nightmare. I'm sure it'll be fine mate, I'm just warning you for a worst care scenario..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Hunners of room Gaz, people come and go through out the day. Track action, RR thing. Plenty of space.

Gutted about us being on gravel this yr tho! :(

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Silt apparently...We got into trouble for calling it gravel. Big Disappointment. Tarmar so much better for all us cleaning geeks!

Mini JCW
Silt apparently...We got into trouble for calling it gravel. Big Disappointment. Tarmar so much better for all us cleaning geeks!

Gravel / silt whatever the fcuk you classify it as its still not ideal :(

Anyone taking some detailng stuff down? I don't wanna look like a prat being the only one with cleaning kit in the boot:eek: