ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are OEM Fan mounting points different between rads? - AC vs Non AC cars

Does anyone know for sure if the OEM fan mounting points on the rads are different between cars with AC and cars without it. 172/182s..

Basically will an OEM fan shrouding/ housing, from an AC car fit straight onto a rad of a non AC car (both clio fitment)

or visa versa, will a fan housing/shrouding (whatver you want to call it) on a non AC car fit straight onto the rad of an AC car.

I would assume that on cars with AC, there might be additional brackets to help secure the AC rad itself but this wouldn't matter.

Mark you're clever and know this sort of stuff :p @NorthloopCup

Cheers

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The mountings on the Cup and Sport radiators are different. Sport has mounts that go on the top and through the slam panel. Cup has mounts on the side which go on the slam panel.

The Cup and Sport fans fit both type of radiators. Most places only sell the sport radiator now dud to demand. I have had both style radiators on my Cup with the same fan. They do use different mounting points, but the fans have mountings for both.

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks for the reply chaps, I've only just properly read these!!

I got a cup rad in the end. And the standard fan does slot into the sides as mentioned. However it doesn't seem to sit flush with the back of the rad which is annoying.

I’m pretty sure they’re different mate, but I can’t say 100%
The mountings on the Cup and Sport radiators are different. Sport has mounts that go on the top and through the slam panel. Cup has mounts on the side which go on the slam panel.

The Cup and Sport fans fit both type of radiators. Most places only sell the sport radiator now dud to demand. I have had both style radiators on my Cup with the same fan. They do use different mounting points, but the fans have mountings for both.

Hope that makes sense!
Cup fan clips to the rad on the sides, aircon bolts to the rad top and bottom.