ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Music Account.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Hi all, I've just recently started using apple music and have joined the family membership so the wife can use it as well.
How do I link her to my account instead of signing in to my account. At the moment her phone seams like a mirror of mine, can she just delete whats on hers and carry on with her own stuff.
Also we are allowed another four people on the account, how do I invite my mates to use the account.???
Im bloody useless with technology so many advanced thanks.
Ian.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Hey guys.

Quick question I hope you can help with.

I've just started using Apple Music and enjoying it.

For me to save playlists and tracks though it wants me to turn on iCloud music library.

Question.

Is this going to delete the 700+ songs I've synced for my computer over the years or does it just work along side.

Can I still listen to my library when I have no service like on a plane or abroad.

Thanks.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Hey guys.

Quick question I hope you can help with.

I've just started using Apple Music and enjoying it.

For me to save playlists and tracks though it wants me to turn on iCloud music library.

Question.

Is this going to delete the 700+ songs I've synced for my computer over the years or does it just work along side.

Can I still listen to my library when I have no service like on a plane or abroad.

Thanks.

No one know? [emoji20]

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Hi all, I've just recently started using apple music and have joined the family membership so the wife can use it as well.
How do I link her to my account instead of signing in to my account. At the moment her phone seams like a mirror of mine, can she just delete whats on hers and carry on with her own stuff.
Also we are allowed another four people on the account, how do I invite my mates to use the account.???
Im bloody useless with technology so many advanced thanks.
Ian.

If you have a family music account then app purchases going forward are made on the family account. I assume you don't want your friends spending your money?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Hi @sn00p im still lost with it tbh, I just wanted to offer my friends some free music without them spending money on apps.
I still cant see a way to just offer them some tunes so until I can walk into a store ill just wait.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Hi @sn00p im still lost with it tbh, I just wanted to offer my friends some free music without them spending money on apps.
I still cant see a way to just offer them some tunes so until I can walk into a store ill just wait.

You can't because you have to create and add them to a family, once you do that the family administrator sets which account is used for purchases throughout the family.

Presumably they did this to specifically stop you doing what you're wanting to do.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
To answer your other question, sounds like she's logged into her phone using the same Apple ID if the phones are mirroring each other.

If so, she'll need to use her own and then you can invite her (search on the web) into your family. There are loads of instructions on how to do this and how to set up the Apple Music sharing with family.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep

Could he set them as kids and then they wouldn’t be able to purchase anything etc.