ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know this 182?

Z4x2 & buying a 182
So whoever said UCH thats what the garage reckon too.

The fantastic news is Renault no longer makes the relevant UCH :)

However thankfully they make the lower spec UCH so I might lose a few niceties like 1 touch windows but at least it will get sorted

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
So whoever said UCH thats what the garage reckon too.

The fantastic news is Renault no longer makes the relevant UCH :)

However thankfully they make the lower spec UCH so I might lose a few niceties like 1 touch windows but at least it will get sorted

Fairly sure I have a UCH/ECU and key for a 182 from one I broke some time ago. I will need to double check in my spares though. I am Orpington so possibly not a million miles away and could fit for you. Will check if interested. I definitely would not buy new from Renault!

Z4x2 & buying a 182
Hey Mbeau cheers for this. When you say fit do you mean fit the replacement UCH. Someone else was telling me that's not possible unless you can send them off to get recoded? Or is that what you are suggesting?

Cheers

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Hey Mbeau cheers for this. When you say fit do you mean fit the replacement UCH. Someone else was telling me that's not possible unless you can send them off to get recoded? Or is that what you are suggesting?

Cheers
If you replace the key fob, ecu and UCH as one there is no recoding needed.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172

Cheers

I will have removed the lot. I have swapped them over on both 172/182, pretty straight forward. I just need to check I still have the 182 one as can't remember what i have sold! If not they quite often come up for sale on here or someone will have one. Will check for you Wednesday.

You swap ECU, UCH and ignition barrel with key.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
You swap ECU, UCH and ignition barrel with key.
I think you can get away with keeping the key/barrel and just swapping the plastic fob part of the key. - But for just doing it as a test to see if the old UCH is faulty you can keep all the old stuff in place, just pup the UCH in loose and you can just hold the new key up against the barrel and turn the old key.